Chapter 36

***

***

Love.

I adore that feeling when I know I'm stepping into a new era of myself and it's gonna be better.

This feeling had knocked my heart a few months back when I was engaged in a chaotic marriage, bringing myself an unknown, unseen, and uncanny girl as my wife.

I had come to terms with the fact that I would live out the rest of my life with her in this arranged—slash unexpected—marriage. I didn't have anything to offer her at the time, other than my allegiance and respect.

I have never been in a relationship. I had never had a close relationship with any girl. My primary goal in life was to make my parents proud, just like any other firstborn child, and to live peacefully. I had given in to self-compromise.

However, as the days went by, things in our relationship began to become better. Even though I had to put in additional effort the majority of the time, she gradually opened up to me. We are currently hanging out in the transitional phase between being friends and a couple.

Over the last seven months of our marriage, my feelings for have developed, although I never knew when the seed of love first appeared in my heart. Since then, it has been gradually expanding its branches. Her daily dose of care and affection had been working like manure. Her sole attention on me has been pouring down to the roots, enabling the sapling to become a mature tree.

I never saw myself falling in love with her. Somebody who was the exact opposite of me. Her mischievous and adorable attempts to capture my interest. Her sarcastic comments, the rolling of her eyes, her rage. I adore her in every way. I have nothing to complain about.

I occasionally ponder what would have happened if Ruhanika ji and I had gotten married. Even thinking about it made my stomach churn. We both would have made a faithful partner and pair, but things can never go beyond that. And the prospect of not seeing Sitara as my life partner makes me tremble in fear and my heart shudder uncontrollably. 

That fear, I never want to taste it.

Furthermore, my wife is now expressing her desire to engage in various adult activities. Even thinking about what I had overheard her saying to her sister and my sister made my face flush. The thought of what they must be thinking right now makes me feel so embarrassed.

Why do you act so bashful? You two are grownups. Aur harz hi kya hai biwi hai vo tumhari, pati ho tum uske. My unconscious mind started to slyly brood.
(And what is the harm, she is your wife, you are her husband.)

Quit talking. I yelled in frustration.

Tumhare cheekhne se mai chup nahi hone wala. Remember the last night of trip Uhh?? And the kiss?? The subconscious gave a menacing smirk.
(I am not going to be silenced by your screaming.)