Chapter 26

Very long chapter ahead
Enjoy reading ^_~

Sitara started playing a Bollywood song and shouted, "Let's start," with much enthusiasm

Sitara started playing a Bollywood song and shouted, "Let's start," with much enthusiasm. Sitara moved her head and hands along it as the song was playing. It was one of her all-time favorite tunes. Dev grinned at her upbeat demeanor. However, this couldn't be stated of our second couple.

🎶Yeh bhi na jaane
Woh bhi na jaane
Nainon ke rang naina jaane...

Yug maintained a straight posture while paying close attention to the song's phrases. The words and tune didn't ring any bells in his head, despite the fact that his eyes and ears were beginning to waver. That song was unfamiliar to him. Never. Ruhanika was his first source of contact when he needed help, but she also shrugged her shoulders.

Ruhanika remarked, dropping her shoulders, "I don't know this one," her eyes darting in his direction.

...Mila jo sang tera
Udaa patang mera
Hawa mein hoke malang🎶

Ruhanika lifted her hand in surrender after garnering a suspicious glance from Yug, and Sitara abruptly stopped the music. Sitara began with the countdown whilst there was total stillness and her gaze remained on her opponent's team.

"Tick tock 1...tick tock 2...tick tock 3" Sitara had a smug expression on her face as the countdown progressed because she could see her first victory lying in wait for her to catch it.

"...tick tock 4...tick tock 5."

The smug expression she had previously had transformed into a full-fledged smirk, which she directed towards Yug, who returned her stare. What does it matter if he lost the first round? There will be many more. Yug spoke positively to himself.

'Jaise izzat ki to aisi ki taisi to hui hi nahi na, pehla hi round me harne se hmmph!!' His inner self mocked him.
(As if your honor wasn't bruised as you lost the first round itself hmmph.)

It was true though! Izzat ka kachra.😂

Sitara exclaimed out, "Dev." Dev bobbed his head, giving her his undivided attention. He could see the joy in Sitara's eyes as she celebrated the first victory. Sitara did, however, feel bad about her sister being on a team with no players. However, it's alright because it's only a game.
Shrugging the thought.

Sitara leaned over to him with an arrogant expression on her face while her eyes were fixed on Yug and Ruhanika, resting her elbow on his shoulder, "Dekho zaraa haarne wali team kaisi dekhti hai."
(Look how the losing team looks.)