Chapter 14

"Here, put these flowers here," Dev instructed the employees who were currently decorating the house

"Here, put these flowers here," Dev instructed the employees who were currently decorating the house. Dev moved forward and assisted the elderly man, giving him a grin as he did so.

Orange marigolds and red roses were used to decorate the entire house of Shrivastava. Aruna Shrivastava prepared a little gathering today because the daughters-in-law have been here for half a month and because their unexpected marriage prevented them from having time to introduce themselves to their neighbors earlier.

They have resided in this area for a very long time, and the Shrivastava name is well-known in this community. The neighbors had already teased Aruna a few times about not inviting them to her wedding and doing everything in secret, so it didn't seem good, which is why she came up with this plan.

However, now that Ruhanika and Sitara have finally found their footing and their lives have returned to some semblance of normalcy, Aruna has made the decision to perform a little rite known as "Muh Dikhai." She chose this day because, apparently, Sunday was a free day and she wanted to make sure that everyone in the family would be there and that everything would go smoothly.

When Aruna spoke with Bhavna about this. The lady's nose twitched as she said, turning her face away from Aruna,, "Muk Dikhai to tum aise bol rahi ho jaise kisi ne unko dekha hi nahi ho. Yaad nahi kaise Yug ki biwi pure mohalle ke samne naukri par jaati hai, tab to uska sheer par palla nahi hota hai. To ab ye sab dhong karne ka kya fayda hmmp!"
(You are speaking as if no one has seen them. Don't remember how Yug's wife goes to work in front of the whole locality, without any veil covering her head. So what is the use of pretending now?)

"Par jiji, agar nahi kiya to phir mohalle wale kya sochege ki Shrivasatava jee ke yaha nayi bahuye aai aur unhone hame bulaya bhi nahi aur phir aap bhi to jagran me unhi aurto ke saath jaati hai. Vo kya sochegi aapke baare me." Aruna made an effort to persuade her. She undoubtedly had some cunning tactics at her disposal, but she rarely used them because Bhavna was older than her and someone she respected, despite occasionally acting unreasonably.
(But sister, if we won't do this then what would the people of the locality think that Shrivastava's has brought the daughters-in-law and they did not even call us and then you also go with those women in the Jagran. What they will think about you.)

Bhavna offered her approval with the addition of "Satya-Narayan Katha" to the house after giving it some thought. She claimed that the serenity of the home has recently been put to a lot of tests. Even though Aruna understood what she was getting at, she nonetheless followed her command and spoke to the family priest, who, by the grace of God, chose this day for God's worship and crooning.

Dev was cheerfully contributing to the effort. With his traditional clothing on, he was already prepared for the pooja. After their chat last night, his heart and his soul were on cloud nine since Sitara had begun to progressively accept his presence in her life. As a result, he had discreetly planned to match his clothes today with Sitara's. And in his opinion, it represented a significant leap. He was overjoyed today.