Chapter 12

Two weeks later

Two weeks later.

"Di, I was getting so bored without you home." Sitara stormed into the room.

"Why!? Where are Aruna Chachi and Muskan?" Ruhanika inquired while swishing her long, wet hair. Her hair was actually incredibly long, extending all the way to her hips and having small curls at the ends. After returning from school, she had a shower and will now eat something to feel her stomach.

"Muskan was out with her friends, and Aruna Chachi was taking a nap. Without you, it was so monotonous." Sitara said while slumping onto the bed and pouting. Ruhanika sat next to her and pinched her cheeks. Sitara complained while shooing her hand away.

"And now, what are you going to do? It will take a month or two until the results of the competitive exam are revealed, therefore you will be bored till you join any law firms." Ruhanika remarked while heaving. She was also feeling worn out today. It was Saturday, and she had been working extremely hard all week due to her absence and her intense schedule.

"I'm considering meeting my friends." Sitara murmured while slouching.

"I believe it is a good idea." Ruhanika gave a nod.

Sitara got to her feet and walked away. After a short while, she returned with some refreshments and asked Ruhanika about her day at school. Everything was described in detail by Ruhanika. They continued to converse for a short while until they heard an outside horn.

It was 5 in the evening when Ruhanika checked the time. She turned to gaze at Sitara, who was also focusing on Clock. "Go, your husband is here," Ruhanika said in whispers to Sitara as her prankish eyes twinkled. She shoved Sitara. Dev had a tendency to press the horn when he arrived at his house because it gave folks in his house a single of his arrival.

"I'm not going." Sitara grumbled. After the morning squabble between the couple, she simply couldn't get close to her prospective husband. She couldn't bring herself to look him in the eyes. She repented how she had treated him. Evidently, there was an insignificant fight between Dev and Sitara, and the entire incident was intended to place the burden squarely on Sitara because Dev wasn't at fault in the first place.

Ruhanika abruptly became serious. She also straightened Sitara after pulling her. This conversation with Sitara needs to happen right away. Ruhanika pondered.

"What do you think of Dev Ji?" Ruhanika posed a serious query. She required information regarding her sister's plans for the future. Sitara chewed her lower lip before turning to face Ruhanika. All of a sudden, she had the impression that she was sitting in court.

"I'm not sure. I've only known him for two weeks." Slowly, she responded. She had a few thoughts in her head, but she didn't want to share them just now.

"But Tara, you're going to be a lawyer. How can you claim that two weeks weren't sufficient? With those keen eyes of yours, you are able to peer into his soul." Ruhanika said while scowling. Sitara was only making an excuse, she realized.