Paralizing fear...

After leaving Mr. Kudret in his room, both Dilan and Baran headed to the study, Baran took out his phone to call Dr. Metin. "Good morning Doctor" "Good morning Mr. Baran, What can I do for you" "My dad..." Clearing his throat and aware of Dilan's eyes on him he resumed "My dad is talking and he is standing on his own with some minor difficulties, it happened recently..." "That is great news, like I said to you at the beginning of the treatment, it was a matter of months or maybe a year for him to get better. With the help of Dilan, his recovery was faster than expected". Hearing his wife's name coming from the Doctor's mouth was challenging for Baran, his hand went to the collar of his shirt, adjusting it. Maybe his discomfort was visible on his face because Dilan took his hand on hers and started caressing it.

Baran looked at his wife and cleared his throat again, "As I was saying, we think is prudent to set a date, so you can guide us on his care moving forward" "Yes, of course. It's necessary to run new tests and personally examine him... how about tomorrow after 4 pm at the clinic? I have classes in the morning so if that time is convenient?" Baran interrupted him "Will do Doctor. We will be there tomorrow" "Mr. Baran, it would be good if Dilan was there as well, as she has followed Mr. Kudret's progress and treatment" Pressing his lips together and rolling his eyes, he replied "Would do" without saying another word, he cut the call.

Dilan kept watching Baran during the whole conversation. She couldn't believe that her husband was still bothered by Professor Metin, but then again, the memory of Baran talking to Serap at the gazebo the day of the party, still made her upset. "At what time is the appointment tomorrow Baran?" His gaze turned to Dilan, she could see the irritation on his face still. "At 4 pm" he didn't say anything else as he looked down at their joined hands. His thumb was moving to the sides, brushing her skin. A couple of minutes later she saw his body completely relaxed, and when he looked up again, the frown was gone, and his expression was serene. "I got a few things to do right now, company things," said Baran. Dilan did her best to hide her disappointment, she wanted to spend time with him. But he was a busy man and with the wedding, he neglected his job somewhat. Letting go of his hand she replied "I'll go to the kitchen then, to help Ms. Kader" Baran's hands went to Dilan's face "It won't take long" and he kissed her on the forehead. Dilan was immediately embarrassed, looking around her trying to see if anyone saw them. Baran smiled at her and letting her go, he entered his study.

The first thing Baran did was call security, he wanted them to pull the videos from the last five days and have them delivered to him right away. He was impatience, pacing back and forward. The strange feeling inside him came back when Kerem confirmed to him that there was a man following them. The mere thought of something happening to any member of his family, to Dilan. He closed his eyes and signaled 'no' with his head. After what seemed forever, a knock came from the outside of the house. "Come in". A security man handed him a small USB "Mr. Baran, the videos you wanted" "Thank you, you can go now". Baran turned on his computer, he then proceeded to insert the USB into the correspondent port. A window appeared on the screen with folders for each day and he began to watch the videos, focusing on the times he was on the outside areas of the house, alone and with Dilan.

Dilan was helping Ms. Kader and Gul to set the table. It was almost lunchtime. Gul told her that Derya had left, and Dilan breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't want any incidents again. Ms. Azade entered the kitchen to check on the preparations. After seeing that everything was under control she turned to Dilan and said "Dilan, would you like to have tea with me?" Dilan was surprised, her relationship with Ms. Azade was not good. True, after Mr. Kudret got better and expressed his acceptance of Dilan and his son's bride, her attitude changed for the better, but she still couldn't get used to it. "Of course Ms. Azade, I'll prepare the tea. Where would you be?" Let's go outside, the weather is nice today" "Ok, I'll be with you shortly" As Ms. Azade was leaving the kitchen, Dilan turned to look at Ms. Kader with an amazed look. She in turn was smiling at her "I told you my child, your patience and good deeds are finally being rewarded" Dilan agreed with her head and began to prepare the tea.