Procastinating is not a good habit...

Baran was waiting at his office. His secretary had just called to let him know Ms. Gözde was going up the elevator. He heard a knock. "Come in." The door opened. "Mr. Baran, Ms. Gözde is here to see you." His secretary made way for the woman to enter. "Mr. Baran?" She acknowledged him. "Please." Baran signaled for her to sit on the couch. "I understand that you found my pendant." She seemed impatient; he could use that in his favor. "Yes, I did. Sorry, but we didn't consider contacting you as you were not on the guest list." She extended her palm in his direction. "Would you give it to me?" He sat, dismissing her words. "Would you tell me about it? I must confess that I'm curious about the piece." She readjusted herself on the seat, looking uncomfortable. "There is nothing relevant to it, Mr. Baran. Just a family relic." Baran took the pendant out of his pocket, and he was playing with it in his hands. "Sorry, it's just an interesting piece from a jeweler's perspective. Do you have the other half? I would love to admire the pendant as a whole. Who made it? Do you know?"

Ms. Gözde's impatience seemed to be turning into anger. "Mr. Karabey, I don't understand why you are asking me all this. It is a private matter. I shouldn't have to answer those questions for you to return the pendant to me." His eyes went from the piece to the woman. There was more to this than what she was willing to tell him. "Sure." She grabbed it fast and just stared at it. "So you don't have the other part." "No, my sister..." She was so into the pendant that she blurted that out, but she stopped before finishing her sentence. 'My sister,' Baran thought about it; nothing about a sister was on her file. She cleared her throat. "I, I... thank you. I better go. I have some business to attend to." She went out of his office fast without looking back. Baran was left with more questions than answers. Who was this sister? And why was she not on the family register? More importantly, how was this all connected with the Dermirs and the Karabeys?"

Dilan was doing her best to catch up with the Foundation's work. Missing a day was enough for her to get drowned in reports and endless emails. But she was thankful for it. She would instead occupy her mind with work rather than her family secrets. Zeynep called at the door. "Come in." "Ms. Dilan, I called. Mr. Baran just finished meeting with Ms. Gözde and has not eaten lunch yet. He told his secretary he would do it later, so she didn't insist." 'Ms. Gözde? What is she doing here? Baran didn't mention a meeting with her.' Dilan thoughts were all over the place again. She exhaled loudly. "Thank you, Zeynep." "Before I forget, your food will arrive in 10 minutes." "Yes, thank you." A few minutes later, Dilan heard a knocking sound. "Come in, Zeynep..." When she looked up, Baran entered her office with her food. "Personal delivery for Mrs. Karabey. Where should I leave your food, Ms.?" She had to smile. Baran always managed to surprise her. She followed his game, and, signaling to the center table, she said, "Here, Sr." He left the food on the table and went to her. "I think I deserve to be tipped."

Dilan got closer to him. "What kind of tip?" He scanned her face, and his gaze stopped on her lips. "What about a kiss?" His raspy voice and the want in his eyes were all it took for Dilan's cheek to go up in flames. However, she was not going to let her intimidate her. "Sorry, but that would be a no." She raised her left hand and pointed at her ring. "I'm a married woman, Sr." He placed his hand on her waist and pulled her to him. Her body crashed against him, and she gasped. "And that husband of yours, do you love him?" "Hmm! That is a tricky question to answer." The playfulness was gone, and serious Baran showed up. "Dilan!" She put her hands around his neck. "What? Don't like to lose in your own game, Mr. Baran." He was sulking, and he was looking hot while at it. She tried to kiss him, but he avoided her. He was going to leave, but she grabbed his arm with both her hands and pulled. The momentum made him clash with her, and she took the opportunity to kiss him to let him taste the desire he had awakened minutes ago.

Baran was lost in Dilan's kiss. He could feel how much she craved him, in her touch, the eagerness with which she was exploring his mouth. Her shortness of breath and the delicious moaning sounds coming out of her. He didn't want her to stop, but she did. Her head against his, both in a haze and trying to recover. "Dilan, are you trying to kill me here?" She smiled innocently at him. How did she do that? Just a second ago, she was all fire and was now back to being shy. "You drive me crazy, my Dilan. What am I going to do with you?" She straightened before she responded. "I think I already answered this question a while back." She was right. She had. He put his hand on her neck and dived in to kiss her when she stopped her. "Just not here; someone might need me for something, and..." He towered over her, using his height in his favor. "I need you." She pushed him. "Time and place, Mr. Karabey. Now we should eat 'cause I'm starving, and I know you haven't eaten either." He complied but commented. "Dilan, we must have a serious conversation about your teasing habits." She laughed out loud, but after assessing his reaction, she tried to be serious again, failing miserably. He pulled at her arm, and her smile disappeared as their lips nearly touched. Just what he wanted, he let go of her with a smirk.