A day of proposals...

Baran is taking a walk with Dilan while holding hands, she stops, and there is fear in her eyes, he calls for her but she doesn't acknowledge him. Then he looks in the direction she is staring, a man with a gun is standing in front of them, all he can see is the tip of the gun pointing at him. The man is getting ready to shoot, as the sound of the gun goes off, Dilan pushes Baran to the side and gets shot instead. She falls into his arms, he is desperate asking her to hold on. The man turns and leaves as his wife dies in Baran's arms. People around him tell him she is dead, and he tells them not to touch her, as he looks again, he is no longer holding Dilan, but his mother and she is dead.

Baran opened his eyes and was out of breath, he was trying to adjust fast to the surroundings because it was still dark outside. His hand reached for Dilan but she wasn't there. He turned on the lamp next to him and looked around. His wife was not in the room, he had a feeling of urgency, he got up and went to the bathroom door, after knocking and not getting a response, he entered it, empty. He was doing his best to stay calm, every time he had that nightmare fear would overtake him until he was sure Dilan was okay. Where was she? He went outside to find her, going downstairs, first the kitchen then the living area, around his study. Nothing. He exited the house to the back and there she was, covered in a blanket, kneeling while feeding a small cat.

Dilan stood up to breathe in the early morning air. The mansion was guarded by trees, among them pine trees, she loved the scent coming from them, especially in the mornings. As she was admiring the sunrise, someone embraced her from behind, Baran. He buried his head on her neck as he inhaled deeply, then he traced the length of her neck until he reached her cheek and kissed her gently, joining her in admiring the view. His arms were cold and he said nothing, so Dilan turned to look at him and was met with his beautiful amber eyes, at the moment they were a bit dark, more honey than green, breathtaking.

She took the blanket off her shoulders and placed it around his back, he took both ends of it and encircled her, there was not a lot of room between them but she was not complaining. She welcomed the closeness, the heat coming from his body, his calm breathing pace, the serenity in his eyes. Baran lowered his head and reached her lips, kissing her softly after which he leaned his forehead against hers "I don't want to ever open my eyes and not find you next to me Dilan" There was a tone of desperation in his voice "I'm sorry Baran, I went to the kitchen for water and heard the kitty cry, so I came out with some milk and stayed to see the sunrise."

Now that he had her in his arms, he had calmed down. She was so beautiful, her green eyes so innocent and sincere, they were full of love. "Promise me you would always look at me like that Dilan" She frowned at his words "Like what Baran?" Reaching her eyebrows with his index finger, he caressed her and said "Full of love and trust" She stood on her toes and kissed him, sucking lightly at his bottom lip. "Always" He half smiled, happy at her reply. Baran grabbed the blanket that was slipping away as Dilan reached for his shoulders, her face going to his neck, her nose touching his skin as she was breathing in his scent. He closed his eyes to better enjoy the moment, his arms tightened around her bringing her body even closer to him. With one hand on his neck, while the other explored his face. Her fingers met his lips and were parted in anticipation.

"Dilan, unless you want me to carry you right now to our room, you need to stop this" Dilan tried to hide a smile, she attempted to sound innocent, so she spoke softly to him "Stop what Mr. Karabey?" "You know very well what you are doing." Maybe because it was too early for anyone else to be up, she felt confident enough to provoke her husband. "Hmm, see now I'm curious, what would you do if you took me upstairs now Mr. Karabey?" She saw as Baran's eyes moved nervously, she caught him off guard and that hardly ever happened, Dilan was enjoying this game. Baran cleared his throat before he spoke. "Let's just say we wouldn't make it in time for breakfast" She didn't back down at his words, she continued "Well Mr. Karabey that sounds promising..." She smiled playfully.