Surprises and consequences...

Dilan walked to the parking lot with Baran. They were holding hands with their fingers intertwined. When they reached the truck, he stopped in front of the door. He didn't say anything. He just stood. She didn't understand what was going on, so she looked at him. He was holding in his free hand a handkerchief. He turned her around so her back was to him. She saw his hands in front of her. He had the intention of covering her eyes. "What are you doing, Baran?" "I don't want you to see where we are going." He lifted his hands again, but she pulled back. "Why?" "Cause that would ruin the surprise Mrs. Karabey, now if you would allow me..." Reluctantly, she let him, after which he helped her get in the truck. Her hearing sense was on alert. She listened to him walking away to get into the driver's seat. She heard the door, then the truck moved when he got in, and the distinctive sound of a door closing followed. He turned on the engine. Afterward, he held her hand, and as usual, she began playing with his fingers. Dilan realized he had rolled down the windows when she felt the breeze on her face. The sound of the wind as the truck accelerated was relaxing. She liked it. She thought he noticed because she heard the engine roar as he went faster.

She didn't know how long the ride lasted. But finally, Baran stopped the truck. He let go of her and got out. She heard his steps as he approached. He came to her side and opened the door for her. He assisted her down. As soon as she was standing, she tried to get rid of the handkerchief, but he caught her hands. "Patience Dilan, not yet. Do you trust me?" "Yes," She could not see, but she was sure he was smiling at her answer. He took both of her hands on his and led her forward. "Don't worry, just follow my lead." She did as she was told. Then he stopped. "There is a step here. You need to raise your foot. " She lifted it. However, it wasn't enough. He caught her just before she was about to fall. Their bodies were so close to each other that she could feel his breath on her lips. "Hmm, I like this. What if we keep you blindfolded?" She punched him playfully on his arm, "Baran!"Okay, okay. Just a thought." "Very funny. Why don't I blindfold you instead?" He was quiet, she guessed he was considering it. "That could be fun, Mrs. Karabey." He was not backing down. So she changed the subject. "Can I take the handkerchief off now?" "Almost there, Dilan. Wait here." She heard the sound of keys and then a lock turning. He grabbed her by the hand and moved her a couple of steps. After he stood behind her and lowered the handkerchief. It took her a minute for her eyes to adjust to the light. She knew where they were. It was the summer house. Not exactly the first thing that came to her mind when he talked about a surprise. The last time she was here, she thought Baran had gotten shot. Just remembering the moment made her stomach turn. The idea of losing him, of him not existing, was unbearable to her.

She pushed all those bad thoughts aside to appreciate what was in front of her. There were flower arrangements placed all around the house. The combination of flowers made the air smell sweet and fresh. He had decorated everything so beautifully. It was such a romantic gesture. Dilan felt Baran's arms around her, from the back, and he leaned his chin on her shoulder. "It has been such a hectic week that I thought it would be good for us to spend some time apart from everyone else. Besides, I promised myself that I would compensate you for all your bad memories, and to do that, I need to replace them with good ones. So how am I doing?" She turned on his arms and kissed him on the lips to thank him. When she pulled back, his eyes remained closed. She admired his face. His dark brown lashes made a beautiful contrast against his milk-white skin. She couldn't help it, she raised her hand to trace them as he stayed perfectly still. They tickled her finger but were so soft at the same time. Then, with the tip of her index finger, she moved on from the bridge of his nose to his lips. She loved his lips, plump and pink. Not too big, not too small. They were just perfect. She smiled as she studied his features. Seconds later, she looked up, and he was staring at her. "You look hungry," he said, in a raspy voice. Suddenly, her lips felt dried, and she used her tongue to moisten them. "Uh-huh" was her answer. There was something about the fact that they were alone in that house that made Dilan's inhibitions take a back seat. Her priority was the moment. Her priority was him.