Sharing memories and dances...

"This is not my pendant, Baran." Now it was her husband who looked confused. "This..." She said as she showed him the edge of the pendant. "The shape is off... I think this is the other half. Not the one I have." While Dilan was saying those words, she felt a strange feeling inside of her. She could not describe it. It was just odd. "Strange, how could it get to the park?" Baran said. "Maybe someone else bought the same pendant and it felt. I'll ask Zeynep to look for the owner among the guests, tomorrow." Dilan decided to dismiss the whole thing as a coincidence. "Let's eat Baran, I'm hungry." "Let's." He took the chair on his right out and helped her adjust before he sat down at the head of the table.

The rest of the day, they spend talking and enjoying each other. Baran suggested for them to listen to some music. He sat at one end of the sofa and he pulled Dilan, who was already sitting in the middle, to him. Her back rested on his chest, his arms were around her, and their hands one on top of the other. As the melody invaded the living room. They were in silence, appreciating the sound and paying attention to the lyrics. "I love this song," Baran said. "Yes, it is very beautiful." "Who is the singer?" "The original singer is Leonard Cohen, this is a more modern version" "How do you know it?" He paused before he spoke, the memory playing in front of him. "My father used to listen to it with my mother... I would watch them in hiding as they danced around the room... Every time I listen to it, I'm transported to those days. I can see my mother's face as clearly as if she was here, smiling at my father, her eyes filled with love. She was so beautiful, Dilan. They were so in love." "Like us" Dilan whispered. He got his mouth close to her ear and whispered back, "Like us."

"Listen to this part..." "Oh, let me see your beauty when the witnesses are gone..." "That line is exactly what went through my mind, the first time we danced." She turned her head to the side, "What do you mean?" Her eyes sparkle with curiosity. "When I asked you to dance, I was afraid you would refuse me... Our relationship at that moment was in a vague territory, we fought constantly. But when you came down the stairs, there it was, the pull that always brings me to you..." He got lost in the memory. "Eh! Continue Baran, please." He took a look at her face he could not help but smile at his wife. Her expression was filled with expectation. "When you took my hand, I felt overjoyed." She opened her eyes wide, "Really?" "Why would that surprise you, my Dilan?" She shrugs her shoulders. "Because I remember you been serious, for a second I even thought that you would rather dance with Serap than with me." He half smiled, "Yes, Serap. You were jealous of her."

"Baran!" "What? Am I lying?" She left his hands and crossed her arms over her chest. "No, but I'm not the only one who got jealous, and unlike you, I had strong reasons." "Dilan, I already told you..." She interrupted him, "Let's not talk about it, okay? Let's go back to the dance." He smiled and moved his head sideways. But before he resumed talking, he put his fingers under her chin to lead her face towards him and kissed her. "Baran, what are you doing? Continue." She was blushing. He wanted to ask her why. But he pleased her and began talking again. "That day, it was the first time I had you that close to me. I could feel the heat coming from your body, your hands on me. Your aroma was all around me. I wanted everyone who was there watching us, to disappear. I wanted us to be alone. And you know what?" "What?" "At some point during the dance, it happened, we were the only ones there. The only witnesses to our dance were us, Dilan."

"I had the same experience, Baran. It felt like we were the only ones there. Everyone else was a blur." He smiled at her as he traced her face with his fingers. "All I could see was your beauty, Dilan. All I could feel was your touch and all I could breathe was your scent. If I could've, I would have asked you to dance with me to the end of time  at that moment, but our situation was different." "She placed a hand on his face and caressed him. "You did Baran" "Yes, during our wedding, I asked for all of your future dances." "And I gave them to you." "Then Mrs. Karabey, would you grant your husband this dance?" He said as he stood up. "I did promise you Mr. Karabey. And it would be my pleasure..." The song had ended at some point in the middle of their conversation. Baran picked up his phone and looked at Dilan, "Do you want to dance to the original version? The one my parents used to dance to." She nodded and soon after the music began.