The power of a dress...

A few days had gone by, and Baran was struggling. He asked Dilan for some time to think about her request, but she would press him for an answer sooner rather than later. The problem was that he liked to make informed opinions, a person who needed to know all the possible angles of a problem before making a decision. And right now his hands were empty. He was no closer to figuring out who was behind the detective than he was a week ago. He felt like he was in a straitjacket, his arms were tied in a way that he could not make a move and he even found it difficult to breathe sometimes. The fear was always there and he didn't deal well with that feeling.

When his mother died and his father was shot, that small boy that was Baran became paralyzed with fear, however as he grew older, he did not allow that sentiment to manifest ever again. All his actions were focused on fulfilling that objective. To make sure his family was safe and away from harm. However, everything changed the moment Dilan entered his life, for the first time in a long time, he was scared to lose someone, one being Cihan who was determined who take a gun to end the blood feud, and the other his wife. The truth was that both got close to death, Dilan more than once. He wasn't willing to let it happen again.

Dilan could only see with concern how her husband became more and more restless, and frustrated, he would react harshly frequently to others. She always tried to lift his mood, to take from his shoulder, even for a few minutes the weight they were carrying. But it was becoming harder and harder as time passed. She was as preoccupied as he was, but she tried her best to hide it, she didn't want to add to his burden, on the contrary, she wanted to alleviate it. She went to the study where he was spending more of his days lately and there he was drowning in documents, reports, and phone calls, it would be easier for him to go to the company and work from there. Kerem had tried to persuade him on several occasions, but it would always end in an argument. She knew it was because he didn't want to leave her side.

"Baran?" He looked up to see Dilan at the door. He turned on his chair and extended his hands to her "Come." She came to him and he sat her on his lap. "Sometimes I wish we could run away at least for a few days. You need the rest" Baran, looked at her, and with his hand, he started brushing her hair. "We can't Dilan, not now. You know that" She caressed his cheek and neck with her thumb as he moved his head against her hand in reaction "I was just trying to..." "I know Dilan." Before she could say anything else, a knock on the door made her jump out of her Baran's lap. He smiled at his wife, she always had the same reaction, like she was cut red-handed committing a crime. She glanced at him as he said "Come in" and she didn't look at all amused by his smile. "Mr. Baran, this package was brought for Dilan just now" "Thank you, Ms. Kader, please leave it at the table" She did and then left them alone again.

Dilan was curious about the package but she didn't get close to it or tried to open it. "Don't you want to see what's inside?" She looked at Baran, his eyes were sparkling and smiling "This is from you?" "Well, unless you have another husband you haven't told me about, yes, it is from me." She rolled her eyes to that remark. "Not funny." He got up and grabbed her hand, they went around the desk and stood in front of the box. "Open it," he said. Dilan was excited, she didn't need to be asked again. She took the lid and looked inside, her eyes opened wide. In front of her was this beautiful black dress, and a smaller box next to it.

She took out the dress and she was mesmerized. It was a heart-shape fitted top, with long sleeves while the bottom started to flair out at the waist in a triangular fashion, and the black degraded into a gorgeous emerald green. Tears started to fill her eyes "For you to wear tomorrow at the launch of the new collection... Did you like it?" Dilan left the dress in the box and turned to hug Baran "Liked it? I loved it! Thank you!" "As soon as I saw it, I wanted to see you wear it" She was confused at his words "Did you pick the dress?" "Of course I did, why are you surprised?" "I just thought your secretary picked it up at your request, as usual," Baran frowned "As usual? Dilan I've always hand-picked every dress and every outfit that has been brought to you" "What?" "I normally ask my secretary to give me two or three choices, and I would choose from there, always" Dilan couldn't hide her happiness, meanwhile Baran's head moved sideways as in 'I can't believe you', but it's not like her husband had shared that piece of information before. And he was always so busy, how would she know he did that? Whatever the circumstances, he was so caring and thoughtful towards her.