There are things we adapt to but others...

A week had gone by. It was already Friday and Dilan felt more comfortable in her new job. She was up to speed with everything related to the Foundation and had managed to avoid Ms. Gözde Kılıç and her son successfully, for the time being. Her new dynamic with Baran was still very new, but they were working it out as they went. He was supporting her from afar and letting her do her thing. Her overprotective maniac was making an effort to give her the space she needed and she loved him more for it.

The day was almost over and Dilan was excited, there was an event for the Foundation on Saturday. It was her first event, she did not plan it, but she gave her input for the final details. She was turning off her computer to leave her office when Baran entered the room unannounced. Dilan on instinct looked behind him expecting to find Zeynep, but no. Her assistant was nowhere in sight. "Were you waiting for someone else, Ms. Dilan?" He looked hurt, but she knew he was teasing her, so she brushed it off. "Where is Zeynep?" He looked behind him and then turned again to Dilan, raising an eyebrow he said, "Well, she is not behind me, is she?" "Baran! Stop playing. Where is she? I needed to tell her something important."

Baran was amused by Dilan. Whenever they were at the company, she became all business which he found annoyingly sexy. The annoying part was that she was extremely hard to tempt, she was overly aware of her surroundings and the people around them, hence the problem. He went to her desk, picked up her phone, and speed-dialed number two. "Just a second, for you Ms. Dilan." She took the phone from him and gave Zeynep some directives about the next day's event. After she hung up, he extended his hand motioning for her to give him the phone. "What?" "I need to check if I'm still number one. As I see it your sister lost her spot to Zeynep, so I need to check if I still got mine."

She rolled her eyes to him "She didn't lose her spot. She is number three. I speak with Zeynep more often and I need to be efficient." "Yes, I get all that but that doesn't answer my question, does it?" She put her phone in her bag and picked up some folders after which she walked towards the door. "Where are you going? Show me Dilan" She didn't stop. He followed right behind her until they were in front of the elevator. "You know I can make you show it to me easily, right?" "You could, yes" "Dilan" "Yes, that is my name Dilan Karabey" "If you keep this up, there will be consequences" "Really? The thing is, that makes me not want to show it to you even more." He tried to hide his smile and sound serious "We will revisit this subject shortly, you can count on it." She smiled, looking both innocent and sexy. 'How does she do that?' It drove him crazy and awakened his desire for her.

Dilan found it funny that Baran would ever consider he would not be her number one. So she decided to taunt him with it. They got on the truck to go home. On the way there, Dilan shared with her husband the details of her day. As usual, he listened to her attentively and without interrupting her. He took her hand in his "I'm glad that your day was productive, Dilan." "How about yours?" "Filled with meetings as usual. The important thing is I'm working on a new collection." "Already? You just launched the last one." "We need to get a head start, creating new pieces is not always easy." Before she noticed, they were already at the mansion. The family was gathered in the living area, and Derya was there. Dilan grabbed her husband's hand. Ms. Azade spoke "Son, Dilan, sit with us. we've hardly seen the two of you this week."

Dilan attempted to sit but Baran prevented her by pulling her hand. "We are tired Grandma, and tomorrow we have that event. We have an early start. So if you would excuse us, we will go to our room." "I see, then let it be as you wish. We will talk tomorrow over breakfast." "Good night" They walked to the room and on the way there they encountered Ms. Kader "Ms. Kader, we will eat in our room, would you make the arrangements." Dilan interrupted Baran "Ms. Kader don't bother yourself, I will do it." "I do it gladly child." "I know you do, but I want to do it." Ms. Kader nodded and left them. Dilan turned to Baran "I'll change quickly and bring our food." "Let me know when you are done in the bathroom." She kissed him lightly on the lips and left to take a shower.