Supporting each other...

Dilan didn't know what to do. She was holding onto Baran's arm. She didn't want him to go outside. Whatever they were hiding was big. It was obvious. Baran turned to her, his stare firm. His eyes told her he was going out there no matter what. With fear for him, she let go. He immediately turned and opened the door. He had one foot out, and then, they heard it. "You took my wife from me. You took my children's mother from them, and yet you continue playing games?" Baran was frozen in place, while Dilan had difficulty crediting what she heard. 'Baran.' Her mind went to him. To what he must be feeling. Mr. Kudret noticed him. "Son?" He stumbled back while raising a hand to stop his dad from approaching. She grabbed him. "Baran!" No answer. He would not acknowledge her presence as if Baran was no longer there. She tried unsuccessfully to turn him around to make him see her. She encircled him and stood in front of him. But there was nothing in his now dark eyes, just a big void. "Baran!" It was the first time Dilan saw her husband like this. He shook his head violently once. As if trying to wake up from a bad dream. However, it was not. What they heard... "Son, listen to me." Mr. Kudret's face was covered with a veil of guilt. But Baran was not looking at him. He wasn't looking at his uncle or anyone else. He took a few steps forward. His hand reached into nothing. Then he shook his head and gave two steps back.

Dilan didn't know what to do other than to be his support. Her husband looked like he would fall if she let go. Then, for a second, she saw past all of them. Ms. Azade. Her body was against the wall, and her hand was in her heart. Like Baran, she was speechless. Just by looking at her, Dilan knew she had heard, too. Dilan was torn. She could not leave Baran's side but felt Ms. Azade needed assistance. At that moment, Cihan showed up next to her. "Grandmother, are you ok?" Then he looked at the scene in front of him. His father held on to Mr. Hassan's suit as he struggled to get away from his hold. Baran, petrified in his place. "What is going on here?" Ms. Azade turned to look at her grandchild and spoke to him while sobbing. "It's not true. Whatever you heard, it's not true. My son would never do that. It was all that man's fault. That devil Seyit put him up to this. It's not true. Isn't that so, Hassan? Tell them." Ms. Azade's words only added to Cihan's confusion. "Dad, what is happening? What is my grandmother talking about?" Cihan asked, but nobody answered. "Brother?" No response. Tears falling from his eyes. "Someone tell me what is going on?" Cihan yelled. "Cihan, please. Help Ms. Azade inside the house." Dilan attempted to get him out of there. She didn't know what would happen next, and he could be even more volatile than Baran. But Cihan didn't listen. "No, I'm not going anywhere until someone explains to me what all this is about. What did my uncle do?"

Baran felt like a bomb had exploded in his head. He had no thoughts or feelings. Just emptiness. His father's words. 'You took my wife from me.' Those words kept going around his head. He knew the words. He knew what each of them meant. However, putting them together made no sense to him. They were like a foreign language with no meaning to him. He shook his head repeatedly. This had to be a bad dream. There was no way his uncle, his own uncle. It was impossible that he was the man who took his mom from him. The memory of his mother getting shot in front of him hit Baran hard. It was difficult for him to breathe. In the distance, he could hear Dilan calling for him. "Baran! Baran!" She sounded desperate. He heard her over and over again. Closer each time. "Baran!" She was next to him. He turned, but he could not see her face. The tears in his eyes clouded his view. He held on to her arms, which were grabbing his. "Dilan!" That is the only word that came out of him. He closed his eyes while his head hung forward. He took a few deep breaths, just like his mother had taught him. 'My mom'. It took all his strength to compose himself. And then, he knew what he would do. Drying his tears, Baran let go of his wife. "Dilan, take my grandmother and go inside the house." She said no with her head. "Dilan, get inside." His tone was harsher than he intended to be. However, she refused. Her eyes were determined. "I won't leave you alone, Baran. No matter what, I'll be here with you." There was no convincing her.