If you miss someone...

Dilan woke up to an empty bed. She looked around for Baran but he was nowhere to be found. She checked her phone screen and it was past 8 a.m. 'Did he leave already?' Getting up, she got ready and headed out to look for him. As she was going downstairs, she encountered Ms. Kader. "Good morning Ms. Kader" "Good morning Dilan, did you sleep well?" "Yes, thank you. Do you know where Baran is?" "He left like half an hour ago" At that very moment, a text message came into Dilan's phone. Good morning Mrs. Karabey. You looked so beautiful and peaceful this morning that I didn't want to wake you. I have a few meetings and things to take care of at the office, so I left early. I'll come back in time for my dad's medical appointment. Love you! Then a second text message came in Miss you! Dilan smiled "Is that Mr. Baran?" "Yes" "Breakfast is served, you should go to the dining room" Dilan nodded with her head and went to have breakfast. On her way there, she decided to reply to Baran I wish you would have woken me up. I hope that everything gets sorted out at the office. I love you too and I miss you!

"Morning Mr. Kudret, Ms. Azade, Cihan. I'm sorry I'm late" "It is not late child, sit, let's eat," said Mr. Kudret. Dilan sat down at the table and began eating. The conversation went about Mr. Kudret's health and their going to the hospital that afternoon. Ms. Azade seemed happy, she spent the entire time looking at her son with the biggest smile on her face. Seeing her like that made Dilan happy. She could count on her hands the moments she saw her smile before her son's recovery. "Dilan, what are you planning to do now?" "Planning? What do you mean?" "I'm talking about your career," said Mr. Kudret. "Oh, yes. I have given it some thought and I have a few ideas in mind, but I haven't had the opportunity to talk to Baran about it yet" Ms. Azade was listening intently and she seemed pleased with her answer. "I'm sure my son will support you in anything you decide to do" Dilan smiled at Mr. Kudret and continued eating.

Baran arrived at the office and was met by Kerem "Morning brother" "Good morning Kerem, let's go to my office" On the way there, Baran's secretary intercepted them "Ms. Baran, there are a few documents that were waiting to be review and for your signature. I left them on your desk" "OK, I'll get to them as soon as possible. Bring two cups of coffee please, and I'm expecting Mr. Okan to come by, no matter what, show him in the moment he arrives" "Very well Mr. Baran". Once in the office, Baran took a look at his desk, there was a lot he had to take care of. His fingers went to his temple. "Are you ok Baran?" Sitting down he said "Yes, is there any news about that man?" "I think Okan may have something, but we need to wait for him" The secretary knocked on the door and brought the coffee to them. "Mr. Baran, in about an hour you have a meeting with the company organizing the launch of the new collection" "I see, give me a ten-minute heads up" "I will" and she exited the room.

Half an hour later, while discussing company matters with Kerem, the office phone rang "Mr. Baran, Mr. Okan is here" "Tell him to come in" As soon as Okan entered, Baran got up to meet him "Close the door... how are you?" "Better than you, you seem on edge Baran" "I am. Do you have any news?" "I do, that man is a private detective. We tried to talk to him but he had already left, his office is empty, so we have to assume he knows we were onto him" Baran fisted his desk "Baran..." Okan continues "...that is good news. We can rule out Mr. Şehmuz" "Yes, we can rule him out but that leaves us with what? I need answers, I need to know my family is safe" "I'll keep digging into this Baran, try not to worry" Okan exited the room and Baran turned to Kerem "Not to worry? How can I not..." He was walking back and forward "I feel like we are missing something important Kerem" "Like what?" Baran remained quiet, he could not put his finger on it. It was just a feeling. He needed to give it more thought.

The day went by slowly for Dilan, now that she did not have to take care of Mr. Kudret, she didn't have much to do at the mansion. She was missing Baran, but she didn't want to bother him. Whatever had him worried, may be related to his work. It was better to give him space. The hour of the medical date was approaching, and she went to the closet to find something to wear. She was excited about Mr. Kudret and seeing her professor, but she was a bit apprehensive thinking about Baran. She decided on a blue shirt with a V-neck and three-quarter balloon sleeves with a below-the-knee black skirt. She looked at herself in the mirror, she was ready, and so she went downstairs to look for Mr. Kudret. He was already sitting in the living room. "Are you ready Dad?" "I am". At that instant the main door of the mansion opened, Dilan turned and saw Baran coming in. A smile spread on Dilan's face and she wanted to run to him and hug him, but his father was there. Baran came to her instead and grabbed her hand intertwining their fingers. "Are you two ready to go?" Dilan nodded and Mr. Kudret came to them "Let's go, son".