There are no losers in the bet of love...

Baran was going back and forward, his phone was in his hand "Okhan, have you found anything about that woman?" "No Baran, nothing that you don't already know." He hung up in anger. "Baran, brother, try to calm down." "I can't Kerem, right now that woman and her son are downstairs with Dilan and all I want to do is keep her as far away from them as possible... How did they know?" "I've been thinking about it also Baran, only a handful of people outside your family knew about it." Baran kept thinking, "How about the new assistant?" "Zeynep?" "Yes, she is new in the company."

Kerem denied it with his head "Baran, I vetted that girl, she has no connections with your family or with that woman at all. Besides, your secretary recommended her." "Then what is left Kerem, my family?" "I'm not saying that brother" Baran was disgusted with the situation he found himself in. "Well, I am... Sadly, I can't say categorically that I don't suspect my uncle or Firat""Firat? I don't think so, Baran. He was not in the meeting you witnessed or in the meeting when Derya was there. I don't see his connection to them." "Other than he is my uncle's son?." "Came on brother, you can't judge him because of Mr. Hassan. You know that." "Sorry, you are right. It's just... it is Dilan. They are trying to mess with Dilan, and I can't have that. I won't allow it.

A knock on the door halted their conversation. "Come in" "Baran!" it was his wife. He didn't care that Kerem was there, he went to her and hugged her. "What did they want?" Dilan led him to the couch for them to sit "They didn't say anything strange. They just wanted to know more about the foundation and its work and see what programs they would be interested in making donations to. I invited the Programmes and Grant's manager and he helped me fill them in." " We can't accept money from that woman." "Baran, I know that you don't like her, trust me, I don't like her either. Especially her son. But we can't refuse donations without any valid reason."

Dilan was right, they couldn't refuse them. "Ahh!" "Baran, try to calm down" His hands made a fist. "I already told him that, but it doesn't work," said Kerem. The look Baran gave him was intended to shut him up. Kerem responded while making a gesture that he would zip his lips. "Okay brother, I won't say anything else." Baran tried to calm down and clear his mind. For that, he grabbed Dilan's hand. "They are trying to get close to us by any means. The partnership offer didn't work, they approached my uncle and Derya, but I still see no movement from those two. I guessed they got impatient and decided to try with the Foundation. They had to know they would raise suspicions. And there is the restaurant of Dilan's family as well." Baran kept spinning all those facts around his head. He knew he was missing something important, but what?

Dilan was surprised about what she was hearing. She knew they had a meeting with Baran and about the restaurant, but nothing else. "So it wasn't a simple meeting after all Baran." Her husband stayed quiet and Dilan left that piece of information go, because they were in front of Kerem. But she will revisit the matter at another time. "I'm sure you did some research on her..." "We did, but nothing that explains her behavior." Dilan placed her other hand on top of Baran's. "Okay, have you considered then, that we are being paranoid? Maybe she just wanted to get in business with you and she doesn't deal well with rejection." Baran seemed to be thinking about it and so was Kerem who finally spoke "Maybe we are taking everything out of proportion Baran, maybe Dilan is right." Baran gave Kerem a determined look. "I can't rely on maybes Kerem. I want facts. For that I need to know everything there is to know about this woman, I need to know her better than she knows herself."

After hearing everything Dilan wanted to help give Baran some peace of mind. "Okay, so from what I gather, we need time... What I would do is I will try to delay taking their check as much as possible. She is waiting for my call but being today the first day for me, it would be easy to forget about it. Even if she insists, I can tell her this week will be hard to meet again because my itinerary is filled. Besides, I was told that the companies that want to donate, need to go through a background check. That will give us more time... Would that be enough for you Mr. Karabey?" Baran looked at Kerem who was hiding a smile. "Yes, that would be more than enough." "Well Dilan, you surprise me, you handle that well, and you even got a backup plan. Baran brother, you better be careful, she might take your job in the future."