Firsts are always exciting...

Dilan could not sleep that night. The excitement of her first day at the Foundation kept her awake. Eventually, she gave up and went to the bathroom. She wanted to choose what she would wear. She stared at her closet for a while and narrowed it down to two choices. The first one was sky blue pants and jacket, with a white top and matching white heels shoes and the second one was an ultramarine blue skirt loose at the bottom, with a Chanel style jacket in the same color and combined as well, with the white top and shoes. It was already morning, and she was still undecided. She heard Baran calling for her from the bedroom. "Dilan?" She went to the room. "Yes," A half-asleep Baran sat on the bed. "What are you doing? Come back to bed."

Dilan entered the room and stood near the bed. Baran went to her side and pulled her to him until she was lying down and her head was on his chest. "What are you doing?" She said as she resisted him, "Today is my first day at the Foundation. I don't want to be late" "Late? Have you seen the time, Dilan?" "I have. Now please, I need to start to get ready." She fought against Baran, and he let her get up. She headed to the bathroom again and began doing her makeup, her usual natural look. She moved on to her hair and saw no signs of her husband. Dilan took a pick at their room, and he was asleep again with his face down.

Dilan spoke to him in a loud voice, "Come on, Baran. It is time to get up" He heard her, but he didn't move. Then he felt her landing on his back in a not-so-subtle way, "Ow!" was the sound that came from his mouth. "Dilan!" "I told you, get up!" "Fine! I'm up" She giggled and got off him. "Now that is a good boy" and left fast. Baran smirked at her words. His wife had turned into a little girl on her first day of school. He moved his head in disbelief and sat at the age of the bed. With his elbows on his legs, his hands went to his face to remove any traces of sleep. He finally got up and walked to the bathroom. He cleaned himself as he watched Dilan from the mirror. She was in front of her closet,  looking undecided. "Dilan, no matter what you wear,  I assure you it will be fine." She turned to look at him, holding outfits in each hand. "Which one do you think would be best?" He took a look at the two choices and thought about it.

Out of selfishness, he went with the one with a skirt by pointing at it, "Are you sure?" "Why? Do you want to wear the other one?" "Uff! I don't know." He smiled and returned to his business. A while had gone by, and Baran was ready to go, Dilan took his advice about her clothes, but she still wasn't ready. He waited patiently, leaning against the door frame, his hands in his pockets as he watched his wife going from here to there talking to herself. He looked at his watch. If she kept this up, they were going to be late. "Dilan we need to go" "Yes, just one last thing." She took the ring from the Dilan collection and used it on her right hand. "Ok, let's go" "You look beautiful as always, Mrs. Karabey" "Thank you."

Downstairs, everyone was already at the table. Ms. Kader served the food as they sat. "Dilan child, are you ready for today?" Mr. Kudret asked. "I'm nervous" "Don't be, you'll do great" "Yes Dilan, we all support you" added Cihan, "Now I have to leave cause I'm late for classes." Baran grabbed Dilan's hand and squeezed, reassuring her. She looked at him and smiled. "Let's eat." It wasn't long before Dilan said; "I'm done. Thank you, Ms. Kader, the food was really good." He got close to her "Dilan, you hardly ate anything" "I don't think I can stomach more at the moment Baran, please." He nodded but made a mental note to give her something to eat later at the office.

Baran's truck was parked at the house entrance. They walked a little, and Baran opened the door for her, she got in, and he closed it. After getting in the car, they drove silently. Dilan was doing her thing. She had her notes in one hand, and she was reading through them while she played with Baran's fingers with the other, it helped her relax and she needed that at the moment. She could feel her husband's eyes on her from time to time, but she tried to stay focused on her list. Before she knew it, they were parking outside the building.