Feeling like a stranger around family...

The weekend was almost over, but the tension in the mansion was far from ending. Ms. Azade was not happy with Baran. And she defaulted to her original setting, blaming Dilan for everything. However used to it as she was, it was tiresome. After the wedding, Ms. Azade seemed to have changed, but the change lasted a few days. Everything began to go south again when Dilan was offered the position of head of the Foundation. What happened with Firat and Derya was not making things any easier. So, before anyone could notice, Dilan disappeared to the back area of the mansion. Surrounded by the smell of pine trees and the sounds of birds, she found peace. She had a book in her hand and intended to submerge herself in it. She heard steps on the grass. She searched for the source and found Baran. He was looking around. She didn't know why, but she hid herself carefully. She didn't want her husband to find her.

She heard Baran speak. "Ms. Kader, have you seen Dilan?" "No, Mr. Baran. The last time I saw her, she was in your room." Baran was looking at his phone and calling someone. "No, I looked, and she was not there. She is not answering her phone either." Dilan had her phone on silent mode. She didn't want to be disturbed while she read. She checked, and she had several missing calls from her husband. "Thank you, Ms. Kader. If you see her, let me know." "I will, Mr. Baran." Ms. Kader left, but Baran was walking to the area Dilan was in. "Dilan!" He was getting closer to her position. As he passed by the tree, she encircled it to avoid him. Once he was with his back to her, she went to him and hugged him from behind. "Were you looking for your wife, Mr. Karabey?" He put his hands over hers and rested his head on hers. "I was, but now that I found this beauty, I don't need her anymore." "Baran! How can you say that?" He laughed. "The same way you can hide from me, Mrs. Karabey. I saw you hiding behind the tree."

Baran turned to find Dilan's sparkly eyes looking back at him. He could not resist her, and he kissed her. "Baran! Someone could see us." "So?" His wife looked mortified, and her cheeks were crimson red. "What do you mean, so?" He kissed her again. "You are my wife. It is my right to kiss you." "Yes, but..." Another kiss. "Baran! Would you stop already?" Kiss. "The more you complain, the more I'll do it, Ms. Dilan." "I can't believe you." Kiss. She didn't react. "What? Did you surrender that fast?" She was containing a smile as she gestured with her fingers that her lips were sealed. And he laughed. She marched towards the house, and he followed close behind. She went up the stairs to their room. Once inside, Baran's phone rang. He was contemplating not answering, but it was a number he didn't know, which made him curious. "Yes... I see... At what time?... Fine, we will be there." He peeked at his wife, who was pretending she was reading a book. "I didn't know you could read a book upside down." She put the book down, embarrassed. He went to her and kneeled. "I love you like this, Ms. Dilan." He cradled her face with his hands. "Who called?" "Come, let's get ready, we are going out." She was about to resist him, so he kissed her. "We can play this game all day long, Mrs. Karabey." She got up from the couch and started to get ready.

While they drove, Dilan kept quiet. "Aren't you going to ask me where are we going?" She glanced at him. "Would you tell me?" He took her hand and kissed it. "No, it is a surprise." "See, no point." She commented sarcastically. But Baran was not worried. He knew how happy she would be as soon as they arrived at their destination. Baran parked the truck and checked his phone. "Come, we have to walk from here." He grabbed Dilan's hand and followed the GPS instructions. They were in the middle of a park near the coast, with people all around them having fun. Baran looked but could not see what he was looking for. Then suddenly he heard someone shouting. "Dilan!" His wife looked at him surprised. It was clear she recognized the voice. Then she turned to try to find the source, and she saw her. "Zümrüt?" She ran towards her sister, and they hugged. "Zümrüt, what are you doing here? Why you didn't tell me you were coming?" They kissed and hugged again. "I wanted to surprise you, sister." Baran was happy to see Dilan like this. She needed a break from all their worries. Zümrüt could not have come at a better time. "And our parents? Do they know?" "No, I wanted to see you first." "I've missed you so much." "Me too, Dilan."