2-Ezra

Stepping onto the gravel road as I left Alpha Williams' home. Exhausted beyond what I was showing. Knowing the ride home was only going to further exhaust me. And it was a long one at that. I could already feel the subtle pain setting in and growing worse the more I moved. Climbing into the back of a van as Zack drove us home. Leaning up against a side of the van. Gritting my teeth as the pain increased. Fighting the urge to scream out. Shutting my eyes tightly in the process. My thoughts turning over to silver-blue eyes.

The eyes of my princess. Recorrecting my thoughts as I realized I had suddenly placed claim on her. I must be going insane to think of Williams' daughter like that. But I also couldn't deny the shock I felt from her hand. Followed by the sense of relief. As if I had finally found the piece I was missing in my life. But where exactly did she fit? Was she meant to be a part of my pack? Someone I could take on as an apprentice? Someone that had pull on the council? Wherever she fit I needed her alive. Feeling weak and faint as unbearable waves of pain hit.

Not able to hold back anymore I cried out. Doubling over in pain while my screams echoed in the van. Noticing a few members flinching from the sound. I hated this, hated showing my warriors how weak and vulnerable I was. Unable to help but sit there watching. As an invisible nightmare broke me down from the inside. Only to be repaired once again. My Delta, also known as my step-brother, Alec. Took it upon himself to try to soothe out the pain. Even if it wouldn't do a damn thing.

"Hang in there, it's almost over." He calmly spoke. Rubbing soothing circles into my back. I wished I could say that helped. But it didn't. The fabric of my clothes felt annoyingly itchy against my raw skin. Soon the pain did eventually disappear. Leaving nothing but soreness in its wake. My throat felt like it was on fire. And the exhaustion I had, felt even heavier. I continued to lay there not wanting to move just yet. Listening to the rumbling of the van's engine. Along with the crunch of gravel as it gave way to the van's weight.

"How much longer until we arrive home?" I questioned no one in particular. Voice raspy from all of my screaming.

"We are just around the corner." Zack responded as he slowed down significantly. Deciding it was time to get up and into new clothing. Rolling over to a sitting position. Running my now much smaller hand through my hair. Glancing to the rear view mirror to see my eye had changed. The hazel that it once was now turned jade green. Body slimmer but still toned. Even with feminine curves that didn't fill my clothing properly. This damn curse just continued to fuel my exhaustion. Having to go through a full body change into a guy. Just for a week starting the night before the full moon. Only to go through another to turn back into a female for the rest of the month. Both excruciating painful experiences. I guess the only plus side is not having a period. Given my anatomy still matched up to that of a man.

"How long this time?" I asked Alec who handed me a neat pile of clothes.

"Approximately forty-five minutes. Five minutes faster than last time." He commented. Humming in acknowledgment I grabbed the clothes.

"The time is better. The pain, not so much." I sighed. Finally stripping out of the suit I wore. Causing the others to turn their heads away in embarrassment. Some actually blushing. I quickly threw on a forest green t-shirt. And a pair of black jeans. Grabbing handfuls of hair to put it up in a ponytail. Followed with a slim pair of glasses. Zack pulled up to our home and cut the engine. Slowly getting out as I still had a hard time standing. Glancing to our home. It wasn't grand like most pack houses. But it was still home to us.

A decent three story house that only took up two sections of property. Enough to house me, my friends, and orphaned pups that are warriors. When I decided to remodel the pack house. I wanted it to blend in with the rest of the neighborhood. Make it harder for my enemies to find it. And for the past three years we had no issue. And I pray that it would continue to stay that way. I stretched out to hear a satisfying pop. Releasing some of the tension felt amazing. However it wasn't entirely enough. Sighing yet again I followed Zack and Alec into the house. I wasn't given a chance to fully enter when I was grabbed. Yanked into small arms in a tight embrace. Then pushed back as my face was grabbed next. Being forced to look side to side as questions flooded out. My head was reeling from it all. Making me slightly nauseous of all the fast movements.