3-Ezra

It had been a few hours since I got back from my lectures. I have been bouncing back and forth between school work and pack work. Wishing to be done with this already and second guessing myself about over filling my plate. Finally I did end up getting it all done. Dropping my pen with an exhausted sigh I glanced to the clock on my office wall. It was almost dinner time, but it was also getting closer to the time for my shift. Getting up I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Walking in just as Alec placed the last plate of food onto the table.

"Dinner is ready!" I yelled out while walking over to the fridge to grab a water bottle. Cracking the bottle open and turned around to see the pack members that lived here sitting and waiting for me. "Go on, eat. Don't worry about me." Saying tiredly and taking a swig of water. Only causing them all to eye me worriedly. They were all aware that twice in a month I disappeared without eating dinner. Only to repeat it the following month. Thankfully none said a word about it, it just became a regular thing in the house. Though that still didn't stop them from being concerned about my health.

"Do you need one of us Ez?" Liz questioned not bothering to hide her concern. Shaking my head as I walked back to my room sluggishly. Once safely inside with the door closed I striped down completely out of my clothing. Piece by piece tossing it somewhere on the floor without a care or thought. Downing the remaining water I had left just as I turned the facet on. Making sure the water was ice cold to help with the unbearably burning hot pain under my skin. At times it felt as if there was silver running through my veins every movement I made. Crying out only the minute the pain was too much to handle. I could hear and feel the packs worry through our link.

But I pushed that to the back of my mind. Skin stretching to its limit before relaxing over the newly formed muscles. My left eye throbbed and burned at the same time. Still crying out until my throat was hoarse and felt swollen from all the screaming. It was my own personal hell that never seemed to get any better. Matter of fact it felt like it progressively got worse with each change. Even if the change was only for a week tops. When the change was finally over I felt numb and more exhausted than I previously was before.

Leaning against the cold tile while the water continued to pelt down on me. With a huff I slowly reached up to turn the shower off. Somehow managing to crawl out of the shower and semi-dry myself off the best my aching body could allow me. Slipping a pair of boxers that Liz must have kindly put on the counter sometime earlier in the day. Shuffling slowly to bed with little to no strength left to hold me up. Dropping face down not caring if I was fully in the bed or not. Eyes fluttering open and closed before finally closing for the rest of the night. Entering into a dreamless sleep.

Awakening to a stream of light filtering in through a crack in the curtains. A heavy weight holding me down on my chest. Stirring my wolf awake putting him on edge. Trying to figure out where I was before moving around or antagonize my wolf too much. Memories of last night flooded my mind. Considering now that I was fully in bed Zack or Alec most likely moved me. Taking a deep breath for a strawberry and vanilla scent to fill my senses. My wolf recognizing the smell as comfort and family. I didn't even have to look to know that it was Liz in bed with me. Searching for my phone as best I could without waking her. Finding it under my pillow surprisingly, checking the time for it to read seven in the morning.

Sighing I shoved the phone back under my pillow and repositioned myself. Glad for once I completed everything for today yesterday and didn't need to be up until noon. Wrapping an arm around Liz and burying my face into her hair. Hoping that having Liz nearby would ease my wolf's nerves. Going back to sleep without the stream of light in my face now. Waking up a little later to a light nudge trying to wake me up. Growling in protest at my assailant.

"Alpha it's time to get up. Zack told me to come wake you." A young male's voice mused. After a few more nudges and shakes I finally opened my eyes. Turning slightly to look at the young wolf, Kennith, I believed his name was. It was hard sometimes to remember everyone's name. Especially those that lived in the pack house with me then moved out the minute they found a place, family to adopt them or finding their mate. There was a constant flow of them coming and going. I only really bothered to remember those that stayed longer than a year and those I work closely with.