8-Kamille

Killick had left the room after Liz, I think that was her name, got after him and Alec. I almost about lost my mind at hearing her telling him what to do. If Killick was anything like my father or the monster they claimed him to be. Then wouldn't that mean that no one would get away with ordering him around or giving him attitude? But then I guess that was just another thing to add to my questions for later. I was still trying to wrap my head around the idea on the whole wolf thing. Or rather werewolf I should say. That was something I just couldn't believe honestly. I mean wouldn't you call bullshit if someone told you that werewolves were real?

If I hadn't witnessed Killick in action I guess I would think these people crazy. However I was now questioning what was real and not real. What I found annoying was that I woke up in Alec's arms and in a place unknown to me. It took him calling Max to calm me down enough to listen to reason. Then I was thrown further into the rabbit hole when Alec explained that this was my new home. A building full of werewolves. Thinking back to my brother Vahn's words. '...these wolves cannot be scared off. They are massive as well. Only the strong can scare them off...' I was doomed. I could not fight against those much stronger than me let alone a creature. It was unnatural, they were unnatural. And yet here I am. In the middle of their den just waiting to be a chew toy to them with one wrong move.

The sound of a slamming door brought me out of my thoughts. Only to realize I was the only one sitting in the room now. Not really knowing what to do, I just sat there staring at the wall across from me. If only I had a book to read to keep the creeping loneliness away. I didn't even know if they had a personal library for me to use. The more I dwelled on that it dawned on me that I had no clue where my room was. I clearly was out of place here seeing as they didn't live a lavish life. Standing up I began to walk around the room. Taking in the amount of movies and games on built-in-shelves. How organized yet homely this room alone felt. I could sit in here for a while watching movies. Maybe even pick up a game or two. I never played video games before.

Walking out of the room to what I assumed was a foyer that had a pillar blocking another part of the home. Kind of making it a separate area without adding another wall. That other area looked to be a sitting room or the living room. A few chairs and sofas placed in front of a fireplace. A large family style wood table sectioned off the sitting area from the kitchen in a nice flow. Yes, I definitely wasn't sure how I would manage living here. This setup alone was going to be hard adjusting too. A hand placed down on my shoulder making me jump and yell.

Turning around in fear to see Liz who looked apologetic. From the small interaction I witnessed between her and Killick. I couldn't properly gauge their relationship. It looked as if they were together but Killick didn't seem all that interested in her. Besides that she was kind and sweet. Especially after my little freak out with Alec. Even gave me a change of clothes seeing as mine were dirty. Surprising enough we were close in size. Still a little bit tight but it will do for now. Liz held her hands out holding a mug towards me. Unsure I reached out and took the cup bringing it up to my nose. Smelling the familiar smell of chamomile tea. Smiling at the gesture I softly gave my thanks and took a sip. Watching as she went to the kitchen and got herself a cup as well then guided me to the dining table. The silence that fell between us wasn't uncomfortable. Just very awkward since I didn't really know what to say.

"So... Kamille was it?" Liz spoke up setting her mug down. Hands still attached to the glossy black mug. Lifting my head to gaze at her then nodded. Silently confirming that it was indeed my name. "Is there anything I can do for you? Make you something to eat, show you to your room. Maybe show you around a little bit." Liz continued on. Not once proving she was bothered by the simple task of tending to me.

"I wouldn't mind knowing where my room is. I could possibly get some sort of rest. " I paused as I stared down to the mug in front of me. "Actually... I was curious if you had a library here. In the pack house. I'm sort of a bookworm and would love to see the collection your pack has gathered." I stated softly. It was strange, being timid and very shy. It wasn't like me to be this way and it bothered me slightly. I have asked for many things in the past. Why was it now that I felt it was inappropriate to be asking a simple question. Back home I was brash and bold. Demanding even. But that was just who I was, or at least what I assumed. At this point I couldn't tell anyone exactly who I was. My life had been clouded with lies and deceit.