18-Ezra

I looked to Freya who had to stay behind still as she was the youngest. And had yet to have a shift herself. Her smile bright and sweet as she stared up at me.

"Are you sure all of you will be fine?" I asked again for the millionth time today.

"Yes Alpha. If any issues happen I'll call Will and alert the closest warrior. Now go, before the others get restless too." She motioned to the silver wolf pacing behind me impatiently. Every so often blue orbs would flick in our direction. Sighing I turned back towards Freya once more.

"If anything does happen at all, and that's a big if, don't bother contacting Will. You all come running into these woods. Run straight and fast. There will be a clearing with fallen trees strategically placed in the center. All of you will be safe in there. There is a patrol that walk it every thirty minutes. Do I make myself clear?" Her wides widen at the implication that I made and nodded. She quickly gave me a tight hug.

"Keep everyone safe out there Alpha." I smiled before hugging her back. With one last look at Freya and the others, I shifted into my wolf. Bolting into the woods with Kamille hot on my heels. Running through the clearing and past the fallen trees. Finally catching up to the others who were playing amongst themselves. Playful howls and yips could be heard. But my thoughts were else where. A warm body pushed against me effectively grabbing mine and Rei's attention. Sandy brown fur meshing into my longer black fur. Liz stood beside me watching over the others playing.

"Are you taking her to the falls tonight?" I stared at her silently before looking ahead and answering. Not at all surprised she knew where I was talking Kamille tonight. I needed to figure things out without the others distraction. And definitely without Zack around.

"And what if I am?"

"Just making sure not to interrupt you both. The three of us understand how important the falls are to your family and Rei. Especially when you decide to take someone there." She moved and gently rubbed her head against my neck in respect. "It is a mating ground after all." Walking away from me to join the others ending our conversation.

'She got you there pup.' Rei teased. I huffed out in annoyance. One last look to see that everyone would be fine without me I took off in a different direction. Hoping that Kamille wasn't too busy playing to not notice me leaving. Sure enough silver fur appeared within my line of sight. Pleased that she caught up I took off at a faster pace easily loosing her. Rei wanted to test to see if her wolf could keep up. When she didn't I slowed my pace for her to catch up. When she did I bolted again. Hearing a whine of frustration when she couldn't keep up. We continued our little cat and mouse game for a minute or two.

I was having too much fun messing with her that I barely managed to skid to a stop before reaching the edge of a cliff. Misjudging just how close we were to the falls. Unfortunately for Kamille, she wasn't so lucky herself. In her attempt at keeping up she pushed herself a little too much. A blur of silver fur passed me as she went right over the cliff with a surprised yelp. A splashing sound followed afterwards. Stunned that she had literally kept running after I had stopped. I peeked over the edge to see the ripples in the water but no Kamille. Cocking my head to the side to see her resurfacing with wild splashes. Her erratic paddling dragging her to the shore. Looking like a drooping mop head with the way her fur hung down. Howling in laughter I gently reached out to her through the newly formed pack bond.

"You look like a wet koala."

"How I can hear you?!" Kamille practically screamed back. Flinching from the sudden loudness of her response. As well as how forceful she pushed through the bond.

"Easy Kamille, the bond is new and sensitive. No need to force through it. I can hear you perfectly fine without the yelling too. Give me a moment and I'll be down there with you." Making my way over to an old bridge. Mother Nature taking back what was hers with vines and weeds covering the stone bridge. The cold path still smooth as the first time I crossed it as a child. A fond memory gracing my mind.