16-Kamille

I had wanted to talk to Ezra before he left, to apologize for my behavior towards him. Only because I had time to fully process what Alec had said the other night. I realized that he was right. Ezra and Elle had pasts that I don't know about. And it was foolish of me to assume there wasn't any history. Not that his actions could be forgiven or forgotten. Clearly Liz and Ezra weren't mated as she was mated to Zen. And Elle was apparently reclusive to even have a mate. And it wasn't my fault with the way they were protecting themselves. They clearly didn't want to be hurt again. So it was up to me to show them that I could be trusted.

Unfortunately for me, when I woke up the next morning, Ezra was gone. Walking down to the kitchen to smell no food had been cooked. Where was Alec? He was the only one that ever cooked let alone had the okay to touch the kitchen. Glancing to the clock on the wall to see it was four in the morning. The others would be up in an hour. Shrugging I began pulling pans out to cook.

After a few failed attempts at making scrambled eggs I got it down. Next was the pancakes which I didn't screw up but one side was a little darker than the other. The easiest thing I could have cooked was the bacon. I made sure to make plenty of that in case the pancakes were inedible. By the time I got to slicing some fruit a few alarms of the other members went off. Perking up I hurried to finish cutting then placed the food on the table. Grabbing plates, utensils and cups to set the table. Pulling milk and juice out just as Liz came downstairs.

"Good morning Kamille. What are you doing up so early?" She eyed the table then to the small mess in the sink. "Did Alec make this?" She reached over to pick up a pancake. Biting into it then taking another bite. I let out the breath that I was holding onto. I won't be killing a pack member with my cooking just yet.

"No... I made it. I get up early to do a little bit of studying normally. Alec is usually cooking at the time. But this morning I noticed he wasn't here. I thought he was still sleeping so I tried to give him a break today." I said setting the containers down on the table. I didn't expect her to help with washing dishes while the others began trickling down to the dining table. Zack was the last to walk in. Looking like he had the best sleep of his entire life.

"Morning" Watching him plop down at the table. Liz handed me a coffee mug and pot of coffee.

"Here Zack." Knowing he was going to need it. He gave a small thanks and began piling food onto his plate. I was happy to see that everyone chowed down on the food without complaint. In fact they nominated me to make breakfast from now on. Which was nice of them but I doubted Alec would allow that. After breakfast we got ready for the day but I was having a bit of trouble with the collar.

"Liz! The damn collar won't stay locked." I whined out. Entering the kitchen again where she and Zack were still at.

"Don't look at me honey, I have never been good with those things. In fact I am the reason Ez changed mine into a necklace." She held up the crescent moon necklace that she always wore.

"Let me take a look." Zack waved me over. Handing him the collar to inspect it closely. He frowned then got up and disappeared before coming back again. "That should be a temporary fix for now. I'll let Ez know that we need to get you a new one." Clamping the collar on to see that it held on this time.

"Thanks! What was wrong with it?"

"It was tampered with. Do you by chance take it off anywhere but here?" He asked.

"Only after gym to shower."

"Hmm... well for now until Ez can get a new one for you. Don't take it off unless you are here." I nodded my understanding and said my goodbyes. Hoping to get through today without issue.