17-Ezra

Upon returning home I took notice of the sudden change of atmosphere in the house. Trying to ignore the feeling as I rationalized it to be my imagination. But I just couldn't. Not with the way Zack and Kamille were suddenly close. Rei was extremely pissed off at Zack for some strange reason. Though I continued to keep my mouth shut for most of the day. Sitting behind my desk when there was a knock.

Looking up to see Zack standing in the doorway. Kamille's scent wafting off of him. It hit me all at once and wasn't able to hold Rei back. Stand up abruptly, knocking over papers from my desk onto the floor. Growling aggressively at Zack as Rei came forward. The sudden fear in his eyes was enough to satisfy Rei. Giving me the chance to rein him in. Clearing my throat a few times before quietly apologizing. Picking up the knocked over papers.

"I'm afraid to ask what just happened." Zack laughed nervously.

"I- I don't really know. Rei... he's become unpredictable as of late. Truly I'm sorry."

"The pack voted for a movie night. They thought it would be nice if you took a break from work and joined us." Nodding as I straightened out. That actually might ease the tension in Rei a little more. I have been working nearly non stop. And it would be nice if I spent time with the others outside of training and work.

"Yeah, I'll head down in a bit. I just need to clean this mess." Zack nodded and closed the door with a soft click. Letting out a sigh as I crumpled back into my chair. A hand rubbing at my forehead before I glanced to the mess.

'What was that about Rei?' I questioned my wolf. Not expecting a response from him. Taking a deep breath then letting it out quickly. Getting to work and fixing the papers before leaving my office. Walking into the media room only to falter in my step. Eyes glued to Kamille sitting rather close to Zack on the couch. Laughing at a joke he must have said. Standing behind them while I internally fought with Rei, trying to hold back the building frustration. I needed to rectify this, and I did it by sitting in between Zack and Kamille. Not nothing to walk around the couch, I easily just climbed over the back. Cutting their conversation off effectively once I was seated. Wrapping both my arms around them both with a loud sigh. Ignoring the charge of electricity running through me from Kamille. The touch alone eased Rei into a content ball of annoyed fluff.

"What are we watching tonight?" Not bothering to address questioning stares.

"A movie about a badass secret agent chick that doesn't take no for an answer." Alec replied enthusiastically. Turning the movie on before getting comfortable on a bean bag with Jax. However I was too lost in my thoughts to pay attention. I needed to figure out why it bothered me that Zack and Kamille were close. Why they suddenly had a kinship. Questions that will plague me until I get my answers.

As the days pass I continued to get riled up at the sight of Kamille clinging onto Zack. Ever since the snap in the office Rei kept to himself. Though I can tell he hated every second. Snowballing me into an unfocused mess. I was going insane. I needed to do something, anything, else I would lose it. But what? A thought came to me unexpectedly just then. Getting out of bed as I hurried over to Kamille's room. Knocking on her door with bated breath. When it opened to reveal a half asleep Kamille. Rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes.

"It's two in the morning Elle. What's the matter?" Speech slurring together.

"Apologies, I don't get much sleep. I just came to pass on a message from Ezra. He wishes for you to join him for the next full moon run. He's told me that he feels guilty for not being here for the last two. Busy being an Alpha and what not. He wants to make it up to you." She stood there with a dumbfounded look. Not answering or moving. Just staring at me as if I grew a second head.

"Is... is that a no?" I pushed feeling a bit nervous. "If you don't want to I'm sure he'll under-"

"Yes! Of course I would love that! Sorry I just- yes." Smiling at how cute she looked.

"Good can't wait." Realizing what I had said I tried to correct it. "I mean I can't wait to tell Ezra. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear you accepted. And I'm sorry for have waken you. Get some more rest before school tomorrow." Waiting for her to close the door before retuning to my room. I was beyond giddy.

'Maybe some time alone with her I would get my answers. And to ease Rei a little more.' Laying back in bed to finally get some rest that I needed. Dreaming of a silver wolf running along side me through the woods.