11-Kamille

I was in the kitchen washing my hands at the sink before dinner when Ezra came stumbling in. Liz was at his side in a heart beat as he reached into the fridge. Grabbing a water bottle and drinking from it.

"Ez, are you okay?" Liz asked but he seemed to be out of it to respond. I looked over at Zack and Alec who seemed to share a concerned look. Ez was about to leave and head upstairs when I found my voice.

"Ezra." But even that didn't get his attention. Something in me stirred wanting to go after him. Like I needed to go comfort him in some way as if it was my job. As I made a move to go after him, a hand grabbed my arm. Turning around to snap at the person stopping me only to see that it was Jax. I highly doubted Alec would be happy with me if I disrespected his mate.

"Leave him to the higher ranks." Was Jax's order. Lightly growling at him for trying to command me. My actions again shocking those in the room. I couldn't figure it out why I was like this. I hadn't shifted and yet I was growling like the rest of them. My emotions were all over the place and my need to be by Ezra all the time was suffocating.

"S-sorry." I let my head fall as I gently pulled my arm back from Jax's grip. I could feel Alec's eyes on me like everyone else's, but his gaze made me want to crawl in a hole. It felt as if I was invading into Ezra's privacy. And Alec was there to deter me from him, like an older brother protecting his younger brother. What the hell was wrong with me? This was starting to be too much for me to handle. Zack approached me about to speak when a blood curdling scream sounded from upstairs. It didn't take a second to register who it was and just like that, Alec, Zack and Liz were gone.

"Sit down all of you and eat. They will take care of Alpha." Jax ordered, now having being mated to Alec, he had the power of a Delta. Taking charge when the Alpha or the Beta are unable to. I continued to stand as everyone else sat. None of them moving to eat. Their concern for their Alpha evident on all their faces and postures. "Kamille." Jax lightly commanded this time. A strange gentle tug telling me to follow the order. I unfortunately couldn't just sit down and wait. My gut was telling me something was wrong. That I needed to go to Ez. Instead I turned and bolted out the kitchen door. Into the woods just out of sight. Finding a tree to lean against as I tried to ease my nerves.

I wasn't sure how long I was there under the moonlight. But it was definitely late and I needed to head back. Though I didn't budge from my spot since I still felt uneasy around others. My emotions flipped too much. The last thing I wanted to do was cause trouble. Too focused on the moon and light breeze that I didn't hear someone approach.

"Kamille?" Turning to see Zack. But too afraid to make a sound. Feeling like I would just be a nuisance to him. "Can you tell me how you're feeling? Maybe I can help a little." I can tell he was being cautious with his words. Choosing the right ones as if I would run if he spoke wrong. I may not understand what I was feeling, not understand who I was. But I sure as hell wasn't a timid child.

"Does it matter what I feel? I mean I'm just going to be overlooked or a burden because I worry too much." Came my calm cold response.

"It does."

Why did Zack even bother to care or help me? I wasn't originally from his pack. I didn't understand life outside of riches. I'm sure he didn't really care and was told to come get me. And yet, I felt as if I could trust him. To divulge my feelings, my thoughts, to someone I barely knew. "I feel like my emotions are out of control. Like little things set me off." I laughed dryly. "I can't even turn to my apparent pack members. I can't wrap my head around it. I've never been this... aggressive."

I hadn't realized I was crying until Zack wiped away a few tears. "Come now, let's get you back inside before you catch a cold. We can talk a little more about this when you've had some sleep." I didn't complain as we walked back to the pack house. I was tired and haven't been feeling the best. The house was quiet but I knew many were still awake. I doubted any of us would sleep knowing that Ezra was suffering and there wasn't anything we could do. Once back upstairs I paused at my door. Glancing back to Ezra's knowing he was in there with Liz most likely. Sighing I entered my room and got ready for bed.