𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

Another update!

Please vote, comment and share.

Also, if you haven't voted for the past chapters, please do so.

✿

Third Person's POV

The evening sun bathed the school grounds in a warm glow, setting the scene for a reunion filled with laughter, music, and conversations.

The gathering was a joy for everyone, except Sharvi, who had left halfway through, and Parth, who remained physically present but seemed to be lost in the clouds with his distant demeanor.

The night soon followed, and Parth found himself sitting in a car with Aatish and Abhi, as they made their way through the Chandigarh roads.

Aatish and Abhi continued their conversation, brimming with nostalgia and laughter, while Parth, disheartened by the turn of events, kept his mouth shut.

He couldn't help but curse his luck.

A decade of longing and separation had finally brought him close to her, but as fate would have it, their reunion was as fleeting as a shooting star, leaving him yearning for what might have been.

He closed his eyes, desperately seeking her in his thoughts, yet found nothing. The memory was feeble, a mere hazy silhouette that haunted his mind.

In that moment, he wished he could have excused himself from the bustling crowd, and directed all his attention toward her.

She would have spoken animatedly, and he, captivated, would have gazed upon her. Her laughter would have filled the air, leaving him to ponder if there existed a more enchanting sight than her.

Suddenly, Aatish spoke, "Thank God you showed up this year, Parth! Abhi and I were tired of answering people's questions, all this time regarding your absence."

Abhi laughed and said, "True! By the way, were you caught this time as well?"

Aatish exclaimed, "Of course! But thank God, Sharvi spoke up this time."

Parth's attention peaked at the mention of Sharvi.

"Sharvi?", he questioned.

Aatish replied, "Yeah, Sharvi! She went into full fighter mode and delivered a loud slap to all those girls, with her words. She was just superb! You must have been there, Parth!"

Abhi replied, "She has always been superb! Remember, Parth, she once saved you from getting suspended. She spoke up in front of that strict class teacher of ours. I had become a fan of hers from that day onwards."