𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 : 𝐚 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞

✿

Sharvi's POV

As we returned to the hotel, the basketball ground caught our attention, buzzing with anticipation. Arjun swiftly pulled Parth into the game, along with his cousins and friends, for an impromptu basketball match.

Parth's love for basketball had deep roots, cultivated since his school days, and his skills on the court were impressive.

I lingered in a corner, observing him return to the basketball ground, clad in a jersey provided by Arjun. Without hesitation, he seamlessly joined the other boys, immersing himself in the sheer joy of playing the game.

Standing there, watching him play, I was transported from that basketball ground in Shimla, to the familiar basketball court of Modern Academy in Chandigarh.

Back then, he never failed to stun everyone on the court, much like today, and there I was, standing in the corner, a silent spectator yearning to cheer for each remarkable basket he made. The flood of memories brought a sentimental twinge to my heart as I recalled how, for him, I had diligently learned every intricate term of the sport.

Maya would frequently question me, why I spend the entire games period sitting in a corner, looking on the basketball court while the boys play. She would remark that I observed the game as if some huge star of the game had graced the scene.

How could I tell her that my star was right there on that court, shining brightly with every dribble and shot, making the entire games period feel like a radiant spectacle!

My contemplation was abruptly disrupted as Keerti approached, whisking me away, asking me for fixation on the boys' game, much like as Maya used to in the past.

But again,  my attention wasn't drawn to the game a few boys were playing, but to a particular individual gracing the court.

The basketball ground unveiled a distinct facet of Parth – one that was vibrant, playful, and exuded a childlike charm. The sheer joy he emanated while playing became a spectacle I cherished witnessing.

In the late hours of the night, as I settled into bed after sharing moments with Keerti, her friends, and cousins earlier, the hush of the night accentuated my solitude. In the quietude, my mind meandered through the events of the day.

Suddenly, a profound sense of gratitude enveloped me for Parth, who, unknowingly, became the antidote to my sorrow.

Throughout the evening, as we strolled through the streets, witnessing the sunset and savouring various foods, not once did the shadow of my sadness or the echoes of bitter tears cross my mind. His company had a transformative effect, a gentle balm that soothed my soul and replaced melancholy with a newfound sense of warmth.