𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐨𝐧𝐬

✿

Sharvi's POV

Leaning against the gates of my residential society, I watched Parth's car vanish into the distance. Hastening up to my home, I unlocked the doors and sank into the embrace of the plush couch. Quietness enveloped me, allowing the events of the past hour to flood my thoughts. My gaze fixated on the gift box Parth had brought, and before I could resist,  I  reopened the box.

Tracing my fingers over the chocolates and flowers, a warmth radiated within me.

Birthdays used to hold immense significance in my life, a tradition cherished since childhood. The anticipation, the rituals, the joyous celebrations!

However, something happened five years ago that completely altered my life and like, a lot of things, my approach to celebrating my birthday changed.

Like every year since that incident, I had chosen to spend my birthday this year alone. I began the day by visiting the temple early in the morning, then went to the office. I treated my close colleagues at work to a small lunch without mentioning the occasion to them.

Upon returning home from work, my plan was to order pizza and pastry and indulge in a drama series that had captured my interest when suddenly my phone had started to ring.

An unfamiliar number flashed on my screen, and with a tinge of curiosity, I answered the call. It was Parth! As his voice resonated through the receiver, a sudden jolt surged through me, a surreal disbelief that reverberated in the air around me.

I found myself teetering on the edge of incredulity, almost convinced I was ensnared in an elaborate hallucination.

His words cascaded like a gentle cascade, carrying the weight of an unexpected wish, and I stood frozen in time, caught in the echo of his greeting.

"Happy birthday," he uttered, and with that simple phrase, a wave of disbelief and astonishment crashed over me, rendering me speechless.

It was as though time stood still, encapsulating the sheer incredulity of the moment.

The palpable shock that coursed through my veins was electrifying, a profound disbelief that he remembered my birthday. The air crackled with an inexplicable energy, tinged with the surreal realization that against all odds, he remembered, remembered my birthday, as if etching the significance of this day into the very fabric of his being.