𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 : 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐬

✿

Third Person's POV

Parth's mind was ablaze with the memory of dance, each step, each movement etched in his soul like flames licking at his consciousness. As he stepped into the bar nestled within the heart of the party hall, the air thick with the scent of sweat and desire, he sought refuge in the amber glow of the liquor bottles lining the shelves.

With eyes closed, he savoured the burn of the liquid fire as it traced a searing path down his throat, momentarily drowning out the cacophony of the crowd. Yet, amidst the whirlwind of bodies and music, a veil of sadness draped over him.

His solitude was interrupted as Mr. Smith approached him, eyebrows lifted in surprise and a playful smirk dancing across his lips. "Well, well, Mr. Sharawat, I must admit I'm a bit taken aback to find you here. Not exactly your usual haunt, is it?"

Parth chuckled, swirling the contents of his glass thoughtfully. "Ah, you caught me out of my element, Mr. Smith. But then again, I expected to find you here, considering your fondness for a good drink."

Mr. Smith leaned in conspiratorially, his expression mock-serious. "Ah, marriage, my friend. Marriage is the reason you'll not find me here, and see me nursing a soda instead of my usual whiskey. The missus has put a ban on my drinking habits."

Parth raised an eyebrow, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. "Ah, so that's the secret to marital bliss, is it? A sober husband?"

Mr. Smith nodded solemnly, and Parth couldn't contain his laughter.

Mr. Smith feigned offence, his hand pressed dramatically to his chest. "Ah, Parth, my dear friend, it seems you're making a mockery of my marital plight! Just, you wait until you take the plunge yourself, then you'll understand the true meaning of suffering."

Parth's smile faltered for a moment as Mr. Smith's words struck a chord within him, a pang of longing tightening his chest. As he feigned a chuckle in response, his mind wandered.

Marriage? Relationship?
Will they ever come into his life?

The person he longed for, the one who held the key to his heart, seemed forever out of reach, her affection an elusive dream he dared not chase for fear of shattering his fragile heart.

Mr. Smith broke his train of thoughts as he gently probed, "So, Mr. Sharawat, any grand romantic escapades planned? Or are you simply allergic to affairs of the heart?"