𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱 : 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞

✿

Third Person's POV

"You..." Parth took a hesitant step forward, his heart pounding in his chest. His voice faltered as Sharvi turned to leave with hurried footsteps. She fled as though chased by demons, leaving him frozen in place, his words lost in the cool air.

He stood there, a mixture of sadness and confusion swirling inside him. She ran away again, slipping through his fingers and leaving him feeling adrift in a sea of unanswered questions.

Not wanting to linger at the party any longer, he too departed, his mind consumed with thoughts of Sharvi and the unanswered questions swirling within him.

Parth's POV

Nine months have flown by since the day I poured my heart out to her.

I still burn with the fiery intensity of that first encounter nearly seventeen years ago. In an instant, she had set my soul ablaze, igniting a passion I never knew existed.

The notion of love at first sight seemed like a distant fantasy until she walked into my life and shattered all disbelief. That first sight of her... it was a thunderbolt to my heart, a wildfire in my veins, an all-consuming fervor that refuses to dim with time.

I never dared to hope I'd see her again, until that fateful day when I mustered the courage to attend the school reunion. Even then, my expectations were low. But then, at Arjun and Keerti's engagement, everything after that, it all felt like a dream come true.

And I was left wondering if my heart ever truly closed the door to that special corner she had carved within it from the first time I saw her.

At 14, I hadn't dared to confess my feelings. At 20, I summoned the courage, but fate intervened. And when I finally mustered the resolve at 30, her response was a resounding no.

Why?

I still remember her no. It was a faint whisper, slow and soft, yet it landed on my heart like a tight slap, leaving behind the sting of rejection, a sharp ache that refuses to fade.

And with that single word, she had turned and ran, leaving me bewildered and lost in a whirlwind of confusion. I wasn't able to make sense of anything as I had instinctively followed her. She had hailed a taxi, and I had followed suit, determined to chase after her. But in the chaos of a sudden traffic jam, I had lost sight of her, and from that moment onward, all avenues of contact were severed.