𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨 : 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

✿

Parth's POV

I gently pulled the curtains aside, shielding her delicate face from the intrusive rays of the setting sun, ensuring she could rest undisturbed. Mesmerised by her presence, I lingered, as though committing each contour of her face to memory.

Time drifted by unnoticed until a subtle movement stirred her from slumber. In that instant, a surge of guilt compelled me to abandon the sofa and claim a seat on the edge of the bed.

She woke up, her eyelashes delicately brushing against her flushed cheeks as she rubbed her eyes in a gesture so innocent. Her tousled hair framed her face in a dishevelled halo, adding to her ethereal beauty.

"Sorry," she mumbled, her voice still drowsy with sleep. "I don't know how I dozed off."

"It's alright," I responded softly, a fond smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

Her brows furrowed in concern as she asked, "Are you feeling any better now? Has your fever gone down?"

I nodded, grateful for her care and attention, as a sense of relief washed over me.

"Did you just wake up?" she inquired, her gaze searching mine for any sign of discomfort or distress.

Shit!

I instinctively touched my neck, as I swiftly lied, hoping my words sounded convincing enough, "Yeah, just about four or five minutes ago."

As the lie slipped from my lips, I couldn't shake the guilt gnawing at my conscience.

I mentally berated myself. But, the thought of confessing that I had spent the entire hour watching over her as she slept filled me with dread.

What would she think of me? A creep, surely.

She interrupted my tumultuous thoughts with a gentle rise from the sofa, as she announced her departure from the room with a soft smile.

I couldn't help but smile, the memory of her peaceful slumber etched into my mind like a cherished painting.

Watching her sleep, her looking all angelic and serene, stirred a sense of warmth and contentment within me that words couldn't capture. In that moment, as I gazed upon her, all the chaos of the world seemed to fade away, replaced by a profound sense of tranquillity and peace.

Later, that night, I was standing in the dimly lit corridors of the hotel, when a familiar voice cut through the silence.

"Hi! Heard you were sick?" I heard Keerti inquire softly, her concern palpable in her gentle voice.