𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐧𝐯𝐲

✿

Parth's POV

She gracefully answered a call, slipping into a formal demeanour – a work call, it seemed. The air shifted when she concluded the conversation, and then apologised to me with urgency in her eyes. "I need to have an urgent video call meeting with my senior. We have to cancel the plan. I am sorry," she confessed, and I nodded understandingly.

"No worries. Work comes first. Let's head back," I reassured her.

As we retreated to the hotel, she disappeared into her room, and I contemplated diving into some pending tasks myself, and the day unfolded.

As dusk settled, the evening breeze carried whispers of excitement as the hotel grounds buzzed with the melody of a gathering. I observed the lively scene, the distant melody of a soulful tune filling the air.

Curiosity led me downstairs, only to find everyone present, except for the only person I wanted to see, Sharvi. 

My gaze searched for her in the sea of faces, but I couldn't find her.

I thought she might still be busy with work or somewhere around, so I engaged myself in a conversation with Keerti and Arjun.

We were laughing and talking when somebody asked Keerti about Sharvi.

"Sharvi has gone out with Karthik," Keerti disclosed casually.

My laughter paused.

Karthik

The realisation hit me with a bewildering force. 

Out of all the people, she had gone out with him! That guy? For real? Why? 

A concoction of emotions stirred within me - confusion, disbelief, and a twinge of unease.

Karthik's actions were blameless; he had done no wrong. Yet, an unexplainable aversion for him nestles within me, defying logic.

Sharvi's decision to go out with him wasn't a big issue, but it kindled a peculiar discomfort in my heart. 

Each interaction between them bore an unsettling twist within me—a sentiment I grappled to articulate, a silent storm swirling beneath the surface of our intertwined lives.

His presence around her, his smiles to her, his lingering glances on her – each detail irritates me profoundly.

It is as if he is trying to snatch something irreplaceable precious in my world.