𓇗

𖡼𖤣𖥧𖡼𓋼𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

Being an English language TA had its perks.

Seonghwa was getting paid by the hour for helping students learn a language he had a pretty solid proficiency in.

Grading the homework and tests wasn't that difficult either.

During office hours, he could get his own homework done, since none of his students came for help.

Well, all except one...

"Now, how about we try this sentence? I went to the beach with my family."

"I went to the bitch with my family."

"No, Yunho! Beach, not bitch. You need to watch your pronunciation! If you say it like that on the speaking portion of your midterm, Professor Hwang will fail you for sure!"

The disadvantage of being a TA was dealing with Jeong Yunho in a professional setting.

Similarly to Yeosang, Yunho attended as many of Seonghwa's office hours as he could.

After Chuseok ended, it was time to start focusing on midterms that were three weeks away.

Some students needed more time to study than others.

One of those students being Yunho.

Seonghwa knew Yunho was a bright student.

He always participated in class, much to the annoyance of the other students who wanted to pretend he didn't exist.

Seonghwa always praised Yunho for trying, even if he got answers wrong.

Seonghwa tried to be professional during office hours since Professor Hwang showed up sometimes to see his progress.

However, Yunho's liveliness made it difficult to get a lot of work done.

They always end up looking at cute clothes online or talking about Yunho's crush on this Mingi kid.

Seonghwa had yet to meet the student, but the way Yunho talked about him gave him a pretty good idea of what he must be like.

Seonghwa brought his attention back to Yunho, who was chewing his bottom lip as he concentrated on his speaking prompt.

"This is so hard!" He wailed. "I give up. Let Professor Hwang fail me!"

"No way." Seonghwa tapped Yunho's forehead with his index finger. "I'm not giving up on you. You can do this. You can write in English very well. You're all set if you can get a hold on your pronunciation. Yeosangie had the same issues last year that you're having now. I was able to help him too. So come on, let's try again!"

There was an urgent knock on the office door.

Wondering if another student of his finally came for extra help, Seonghwa opened the door.

"Hello there, I-" Seonghwa stopped.

He'd never seen this student before.

He was short, probably a little shorter than San, with fire red hair and brown eyes.

"Hello, Seonghwa-ssi, is Jeong Yunho here?" The student asked frantically.

"Wooyoung?" Yunho popped his head above Seonghwa's shoulder. "What's wrong? What are you doing here?"

Seonghwa suddenly realized this was Yunho's roommate.

It was nice to finally put a face to the name.

His smile fell when he saw that Wooyoung was almost in tears.

"It's Mingi. You have to come with me now." Wooyoung told him.

Yunho's eyes widened.

He hastily packed his things.

"I'm sorry, Seonghwa! I'll be back next week for office hours!" Yunho shouted over his shoulder as he ran out of the room.

Confused, Seonghwa shut the door and sat back at his desk.

Still having an hour to kill, he spun around in his desk chair for a good five minutes before he noticed Professor Hwang was peering at him through the door's small window.

Embarrassed, Seonghwa waved at his professor sheepishly before pretending to get some work done.