The first night

Night time was a beautiful night. Sonic was just finished making his mothers bed. But he frowned because he was worried.

Aleena was a little sick. Even though she is here to help her son and her granddaughters, Sonic has to help her too. Aleena didn't care if she was a little sick.

Sonic remembered the day she moved in with him.

<flashback>

Aleena got out of the car and greeted Sonic, "Hi honey." Sonic replied, "Hi Mom." Risa and Satoko then said, "Hi Grandma!" Aleena pets her two granddaughters head while chuckling. She then coughed as Sonic asked, "Mom, are you okay?" A familiar male voice said, "Your mothers a little sick son." They turn to see Jules helping her with her luggage. Sonic asked, "What's wrong with her Dad?" Jules replied with a sigh, "It's hard to say, I had to take her to the doctors every Wednesday." Aleena turn to her husband and said, "I'll be fine dear." Jules thought with a concern expression, "I hope so."

Sonic asked his father, "How about you move in with us Dad? That way both grandparents can help out with my daughters and all." Jules replied with a smile, "That would be nice and all son, but I'm afraid I haft to turn down the offer. Your Uncle Chuck needs me to look out for him since that incident with the wheelchair."

Sonic said with a hint of shock, "Oh yeah I heard about that. Is he okay?" Jules replied with a shrug, "Maybe, I mean I was there after all. Charles kinda thought he still got it. The doctor said his legs got a little damaged. I told him not to do anything stupid but he quote 'I'm not gonna listen to you, my little brother'. Guess he will listen to me now." The two chuckled as father and son.

That's when Jules then said as he place the bags inside, "But hey, until Chuck is better, I'll rely on you to take care of your mother. Since your sister is with her fiancé in Paris, and your older brother 'Manic' proceeding to move on in his life with his family."

Sonic asked as Aleena entered, "Well we will be able to move to a new house here. Are you sure you don't want to move here? You can bring Uncle Chuck here you know." Jules answered, "I'm sure son. But your Uncle sends his love. If you need anything, give us a call."

<flashback ended>

Sonic just finished making the bed. That's when Aleena entered and said, "Honey, the babies asleep." Sonic replied, "Thanks Mom. Will you be okay? I appreciate all you have done." Aleena then said, "Baby blue. I'll be fine. It's just a little illness." Sonic shook his head and asked, "And they I'm stubborn?" Aleena chuckled playfully and said, "Well, you didn't actually think you got your stubbornness from your father did you?" Sonic answered her, "To be honest, I didn't where I got it from. But I knew I got more than one gene from you."

Aleena gave him a small smile and said as she hugged her son, "Goodnight Sonic." Sonic wished her back a goodnight and exited the room.

He then saw Risa in her pajamas. Sonic asked, "Risa what are you doing up?" Risa replied to her father, "I had to go to the bathroom." Sonic smiled a little before he said while escorting the little girl to bed, "Come on sweetheart, let's get you to bed, you and your sis got school tomorrow."

Before they went to Risas room, Sonic knocked on Satoko's door and said, "Satoko? Don't stay up late watching Tv, you have school tomorrow." Satoko 'who was watching some edgy movie while laying down on her bed' replied on the other side, "Don't worry Dad I won't."

Once they arrived and entered Risas room, Sonic tucked her into bed. Risa asked with curiosity, "Daddy? Will we have family time tomorrow?" Sonic replied as he turned on her Crystal night light, "Probably, but that's going to depend how long I will work. Don't forget, your sisters picking you up and Grandma and her nurse are taking care of Maddox while I'm at work." Risa then said with a smile, "Okay, I understand. Goodnight Daddy." Sonic kissed her forehead and said, "Goodnight Risa."

Once Sonic exited Risas room and close the door, he went to his room. He entered and closed the door behind him. He frowned in a grieving manner. He looked at a bowl with a lid (on a drawer table) containing Rika's ashes. Behind the bowl is Rika's portrait

Sonic sighed and said as he placed his hand on the lid of the ashes, "Oh babe, you woulda loved this place. We coulda gaze into the stars together. I love you Rika." He blows a kiss onto the portrait. He then said, "You are my true love." He frowned and glared as he said, "Unlike my unfaithful ex-husband."

He looks down and said, "Wherever he is, I hope I never see him again and I haven't seen him in 11 years." Sonic sighed before going to bed.

He turned off the lamp before going to bed. The moon and stars in the sky shined brightly.

Sonic May think the past is behind him, but tomorrow the past comes to Sonic unexpectedly and surprisingly not pleasant.