Hospital Quality Time

Once Satoko was out of the room, Sonic sat down on the bed and said softly, "That was really nice of you to comfort her. I really mean it."

Knuckles looks away and replied, "I had to. But I wasn't trying to turn her against you if that's what you think."

Sonic shook his head and said, "No. I didn't think that. Knux? I gotta be honest, I don't really hate you, I only said that because I was so angry. I wasn't ready to date anyone after loosing my wife 12 months ago."

Knuckles sighed and asked, "isn't that almost a year?" Sonic answered, "Maybe."

Sonic sighed deeply and said sadly, "Look, I'm relieved your taking this slow but I...."

Knuckles then said as he sadly sighed, "I, I haft to take things slow. After that disaster of a wedding, I don't wanna make the same mistakes all over again even in spite of Amy and Rouge. I can't hold you or hug you like I use to nor can I kiss you no matter how much I may want to. I'm sorry..."

Sonic laid next to him gently, even when he gave him a second chance, Knuckles felt insecure. Sonic had a guilty expression while looking at Knuckles bandaged arms.

The blue hedgehog muttered while shaking", "I'm sorry. I really am. I already agreed to give a second chance."

Knuckles knows he's feeling sorry but what should he do? He can't comfort him without the risk of being slapped in the face.

Sonic sighed deeply before he wrapped an arm around him as he placed his head on his chest gently. He sighed deeply and said, "Your chest is as warm as I remembered it would be."

Knuckles whispered as he slowly cuddled him, "Oh babe. I promise things will be alright."

<meanwhile at the Lobby>

Satoko told Knuckles parents the whole entire story that she heard from her father.

Lara-Lee asked, "And that's how it all happened?" Satoko replied, "Yes Mam. I'm terribly sorry that this was troubling."

Locke said sadly, "Sometimes we feel troubling too. But we just wished we somehow coulda been more supportive of our son when he married your father. But now he carry's a grudge. We don't blame him for hating us."

Satoko looked at the photo of her father with three of his daughters and said, "It's not like that. He's just angry. I know my Dad doesn't carry grudges easily."

Locke then said while in tears as he comfort his crying wife, "Your right. We're sorry. Forgive us. We're so sorry."

Satoko replied, "I'm not the one you should apologize but all is forgiven. I promise you two that."