Wedding Disaster

It took a little while but the wedding was happening. This cannot fail. But can it?

It was a Wednesday evening, Sonic just got off work and drove around. It started to snow yet it was still summer. Sonic felt intense from what happened. Though he scheduled Shadow and Sonia's wedding about 2 weeks.

Luckily his mother and nurse picked up his daughters. That's when Sonic got a sudden text. He come to a stop light and reached for his phone. It was from an anonymous text saying: Come to 4765 Caspian street at St. Lilys church.

Sonic assumed it was a client before the green light appeared and Sonic drove to the address. He parked across the church. He noticed multiple cars and said to himself, "Geez. Must be busy. Still, I have a weird feeling."

That's when Jules and Manic sees him behind the bushes. Manic whispered, "He's here." Jules replied, "I probably wouldn't believe this if I didn't believe in what Knuckles told me. But after what the doctor told me, I haft to believe it."

Manic asked, "Are you sure we're doing the right thing here Dad? Sonic is not head over heals for him like he used to be." Jules replied, "He's the father of Knuckles baby. We disagreed with this once I don't want to make the same mistake again." Manic replied, "Look I feel bad too but no one can rush this. Sonic had Rika cremated 11 months ago. You think he's ready for this now?" Jules then turn to Chuck and asked, "Did you reach Locke and Lara-Lee?" Chuck replied, "Neither are responding the calls."

Sonic entered the church and sees no one. That's when the doors closed as he shouted, "WHAT THE HECK?!" Thats when the lights turned on a little, candles flickered, the wedding March played by a harp was heard.

The church was filled beautiful flowers and wedding decorations. Sonic was a bit surprised but shocked. It was a set up to lure him here. He muttered, "I knew something was up."

He sees Amy and Rouge behind him. Sonic growled at them before they pushed Sonic to the alter. He slapped them away as he sees Knuckles (in a short grey dress and flowers).

Sonic asked, "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!" Knuckles replied, "It's our wedding Sonic." Sonics jaw dropped and had a shock look on his face. He wasn't too happy about this.

Knuckles then whispered as a female priest came into view "It's what you actually wanted Sonic. A wedding with me. We can still be together forever."

Sonic kept his mouth closed as he had an disapproving look on his face. He look down as the priest said her lines. She then asked, "Knuckles do you take Sonic as your husband again?" Knuckles replied, "I do."

The priest asked Sonic, "And Sonic do you, take Knuckles as your husband again?" There was silence for a minute before Sonic said, "...I." Jules and the others we're in the shadows as Jules whispered, "Come on son. I promise I won't be disappointed in you again."

Sonic repeated, "I..." Amy and Rouge crossed their fingers. Sonic then repeated, "I..."

<flashback on Sonic and Rika's wedding>

The priest asked, "Do you take Rika as your wife for better and for worst." Sonic replied softly, "I do.."

<flashback ends>

Knuckles had hope he will have another chance at Sonics love. But that hope was shattered along with his heart again when Sonic shouted, "I DON'T!"

Everyone gasped as Jules said, "What?"

Manic muttered as Chuck facepalmed and groaned, "See Dad? I told you he's not into him like he use to be."

Amy and Rouge cannot believe their ears. Knuckles dropped the flowers and his eyes widened in horror. His heart sank when Sonic rejected him again.

Sonic then shouted angrily, "WHAT KIND OF SICK JOKE IS THIS?! I SAID I DID NOT WANNA REMARRY YOU! BUT YOU WENT AHEAD AND TRY TO ANYWAY! IT MAKES ME HATE YOU MORE AND MORE!"

Rouge then said, "Sonic listen, things are complicated! Knuckles is..." Sonic stopped her there and said, "I don't wanna hear it!"

Jules and the others came out and said, "It was for you." Sonic asked angrily, "YOU GUYS WERE IN ON THIS!"

Manic then said, "Sonic? Knuckles is pregnant with your kid." Sonics jaw dropped. Knuckles said, "It's the truth, I am. I found that out a week or two ago."

Sonic raised a brow and said, "You pregnant? I don't believe this! What's more appalling! You manipulated my family to do this! Bad enough you drugged me and what you did to me 11 years ago! This sickens me!" Jules was gonna say something but Manic stopped him and shook his head and said, "Sorry about this. We just didn't want to let you down like we did years ago."

Sonic sighed stressfully and said, "I understand but nothing can make me go back with him. Besides he probably lied to you to make you feel sorry for him." Knuckles tried to touch him but Sonic storms off outside and screams in a fit of rage.

Amy and Rouge run after him. Manic said nothing. Jules asked, "Son, why did you stop me?" Manic replied calmly, "It's best if we don't get involved again. No matter what Knuckles says, Sonics not gonna believe him. No amount of Knuckles love is gonna reach him. He has to fall for him again on his own accord I'm afraid."

Jules was gonna protest but Manic had a point. There's nothing they could do. Then they heard a car screech outside and a thud or two.

The family ran out to see what is going on. Leaving Knuckles at the alter alone and heart shattered. What they saw is freaking shocking.

It was Amy and Rouge, bleeding together not moving nor breathing. The car that ran over them was a taxi. They're eyes were empty and lifeless. They were undoubtedly dead on the street.

Sonic was shocked at this. But he then had a calm expression as he muttered, "Good riddance." He then whispered to himself, "Rika. My love. Your killer and her bestie. Are dead." Thats when Amy's parole officer showed up and sees the whole thing.

He said with a sigh, "How unfortunate. Couldn't obey her parole." He then go to his police car and told the troop the whole story.

Inside the church, Knuckles was feeling his heart, his hope, and his dream of being with Sonic again, shattered like glass.

He asked sadly, "Why doesn't he love me? Why didn't he believe me?" He then shouted in sorrow, "WHY?!" He sobbed as his hands were on his face.

Outside the church. The back door of the taxi opened it revealed Sonics father-in-law 'Fierce Flora'. Fierce walks to him as Sonic greeted him. They stayed there until the police and ambulance arrived in the snowy weather.