Satoko talks to Knuckles

Knuckles was admitted to the hospital, Sonic and his daughters followed the hospital.

They were in the waiting room as Sonic and his daughters waited a little. Little Maddox was playing on the table.

That's when Marina and Aleena 'who heard what happened' arrived as Aleena asked, "Is he alright?" Sonic shrugged and said, "I don't know, The Doctor hasn't shown up. As a result I can't celebrate Maddox's birthday."

Marina then said, "If that's the case, we'll take the girls to the aquarium." Sonic asked in surprise, "Oh you will?" Marina nodded.

Sonic then said, "Thank you Mom, thank you Marina."

The two women responded, "Your welcome." Satoko had a thought and said, "You girls go on, I'll stay with Dad." Sonic asked, "Satoko, are you sure?" Satoko nodded as she said, "Of course I am."

Aleena turn to Maddox and said, "Happy birthday Baby girl." Maddox giggled & Risa smiled before She went with Aleena 'with Maddox in her arms', and Marina.

Leaving only Sonic and Satoko. That's when the doctor showed up.

The doctor asked, "What relationship do you have with the patient?" Sonic simply answered, "Ex-husband."

The doctor 'nodded in understanding' and said, "Okay?"

Sonic asked, "So is he okay?" The doctor said calmly, "He's alright. But he's a bit emotionless, sort of. He needs to be here for a little while. He had a broken leg."

Sonic asked, "Can we see him?" The doctor replied as he nodded, "You can if you want but he's asleep. By the way, I dunno how it's possible but he's pregnant with your kids."

Sonic replied, "I'm aware of it. Thank you for telling me."

The doctor replied, "Your welcome Mr. Royale, now if you can follow me, I'll lead you to him."

Sonic nodded as he followed the doctor. Satoko followed behind.

The doctor had a little chat with Sonic as Satoko looked around. She maybe 11, but she's a heroine. Once they arrive, Knuckles was asleep still.

No doubt the lump on his stomach is his unborn child. The doctor then said, "I'll be right back. I gotta check on another patient."

He walks off, leaving Sonic and Satoko with the sleeping Knuckles. Satoko went over to him and placed an ear on the stomach.

Sonic asked, "Satoko what are you doing?" Satoko answered, "Listening to a heartbeat Dad."

Sonic thought, "Oh yeah that's right, Satoko can hear a heartbeat or two." Sonic asked, "Well? Is he really?"

Satoko closed her eyes and replied, "Not one, but two heartbeats. Two boys. He's having twins." Satoko go up just after she said 'He's having twins'.

Sonic shouted in shock, "TWINS?!" He fainted at the fact.

Satoko walks to him as the doctor asked as he came back, "Is he okay?" Satoko answered, "He just fainted doc. Can you help me get him to the couch?"

The doctor agreed and got on the couch nearby. Satoko thanked the doctor before he left.

Satoko grabbed a chair nearby and watched over her father and Knuckles at the same time. Satoko knows she would do anything for her family.

Even if it means, she had to welcome her unborn brothers. Though she knows Risa may not like it, she thinks how bad having brothers will be.

She sees Knuckles awoken as he said 'looking at Satoko' with a dry voice, "Hey kid." Satoko replied, "Sup. You doin ok?" Knuckles answers the first daughter of his ex-husband, "I can't say I feel good."

Satoko sighed deeply and said, "My Dad fainted just because I told him your having twin boys."

Knuckles 'surprised but didn't show it' replied, "Oh I see. I wanted to start a family before you existed. But not like this. I haft to take things slow, otherwise your Father would hate me more than he ever has."

Satoko stood up and said, "Look, I'm be lying and say I'm not looking forward to have brothers but I sort of am. Risa's not gonna look forward to it. Maddox may not understand considering she's still a baby. Yet she turned 1 today. I would do anything to make my family whole."

Knuckles asked as he looked away, "You kinda hate me too don't you?" Satoko replied, "I don't wanna think that way. I don't hate you as much as I hate the person who killed my mother."

Knuckles looked at her and asked, "How did you know it was Amy?" Satoko hesitated before answering, "I was there, she poisoned her, disguised as a nurse. That evil witch killed her right in front of me. The doctors were able to save my sister when she was born."

Shen then continued, "I was terrified, she was going to kill my sister, I thought she was gonna murder us all. But my Dad and the police showed up. I was hiding behind the wall. My world shattered when she killed my mother. I was relieved my Dad saved Maddox. But nothing can heal what I lost. If I knew it would happen, I woulda warned Dad. I woulda saved my mother."

She then said as she had tears, "I feel so responsible, I had to keep smiling and everything so my family doesn't worry. I was so afraid to lose my father and my sisters all at once."

She started crying while covering her face. Knuckles sat up and pulled her to a hug. He then said as he placed a hand on her head, "Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. You were not responsible for what happened. Believe me, she ruined mine & your fathers marriage along with that bat too."

Satoko felt comfort for a little bit. Until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turn to see her father.

With a tired look, Sonic said, "Can you please stop hugging now?" Satoko 'in surprise' said, "Oh Dad, I thought you were sleeping." Sonic replied, "I was but I woke to you guys."

Knuckles asked, "How much did you hear?" Sonic answered, "I heard everything."

The two broke the hug as Sonic asked, "Satoko why didn't you tell me?" Satoko replied sadly, "B-because I'm afraid. I thought you would hate me."

Sonic hugged her and said, "I would never hate you Satoko. Your my daughter and nothing will change. Not ever. The only person I hate is Amy and Rouge. Your not alone in this honey and you never have been."

Satoko had tears falling down, knowing she was never alone.

That's when Sonic asked, "Satoko? Why don't you do me a favor and wait at the lobby? I gotta talk to Knuckles alone."

Satoko wiped her tears and sniffs. She then winked before walking out.

Just after she arrived at the lobby, she sees Knuckles parents there. Knowing they came to see them. She decided to talk to them.