{Friday}

"Good morning, sweetie!"

The familiar sound of my mother's voice in the morning as I opened my eyes to the bright light of the sun shining through my curtains.

"I picked out your outfit, it's in the bathroom on the sink, the shower is ready for you and breakfast is cooking downstairs when you are done. Did you sleep well?" She asked as I sat up straight and nodded rubbing the sleep from my eyes and I felt her kiss my head, "don't forget to take your eye drops," she said before leaving my room.

Right, eyes drops...I stopped taking them when I was seven years old. They were prescribed by a doctor, they're supposed to help my sight somehow, but they literally do nothing but make my eyes water so I stopped but never told my parents...I will eventually.

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind me before I started taking off my clothes, putting them in the hamper before I got in the shower. The water was nice and warm, I instantly felt relaxed. Today I'm going shopping with Mingi, but before that I have school until four.

After getting my hair wet, I reached for the shampoo and put some in my hand before putting the bottle down and rubbed it into my hair. I used to have my mom or dad check my hair to make sure that I got all the soap out, but now I just listen closely to the bubbles. Have you ever been scrubbing soap into your hair and and after you were done scrubbing you could hear the sound of the soapsuds? That's what I listen for and if I don't hear it anymore I know that all the soap is out of my hair.

After I finished my shower I got out and got dressed after drying myself off. I always have my mom brush my hair though. It makes her happy.

I walked downstairs with the hairbrush in my hand and heard my mother's voice as I entered the kitchen.

"Hey baby, have a seat. You can eat while I brush your hair, " I heard her say as I heard a glass plate being put on the table and nodded before sitting down where she put the plate.

I began eating as she started brushing my hair. She made fried rice, scrambled eggs and pork cutlet for breakfast today, dad's favorite. I'm assuming that he's eaten already or he took it with him as his lunch.

"Mom, can you put my hair in a ponytail today?"

"Of course. "

I felt her brush my hair back along with her fingers going through my hair, "Hey sweetie, I'm going to use a hair stick to hold it all together, okay?" She asked softly and I nodded smiling.

"So, are you excited to go shopping with Mingi today?" She asked sitting down beside me after she finished my hair and I nodded smiling in her direction.

"I don't know if I'm going to get anything though. I'll probably just let him do his own thing. "

"Aw, you should totally get yourself something too, even if it's small."

She patted my shoulder and I nodded smiling before she hugged me.

I don't really buy things when I go out, only because I feel bad spending other people's money. I can't exactly have a job myself because of my sight...nobody wants to hire a blind guy with no social skills.

After breakfast my mom got ready for work as I sat on the couch and opened my laptop on the coffee table and waited until my teacher called me. I do school online, I video chat with my teacher, we go over what we did the day before and then move on to the next thing. My teacher is American, which made me nervous at first because I didn't know any English, but luckily she knew how to speak Korean and has even taught me a lot of English. Her name is Roxie, she's really sweet and funny.