|Pᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ Pᴀsᴛ|

Hey dear diary! Surprised ki aaj raat ki jagah din mein kaise? Ab kya karun? Excitement hi itni hai ki main khud ko control hi nahi kar payi. Finally I am 25!! Waise ek secret batau? Bahar na sab log kuch toh planning plotting kar rahe hai, mujhe surprise dene ke liye. Ab woh kya surpise hai yeh soch soch ke mere dimag ki nasein fati ja rahi hai. Lekin kya karun? Sham tak wait toh karna hi padega. Ab mujhe meri yeh excitement kisi ke saath toh karni hi thi. Aur woh Misha ki bacchi bhi phone nahi utha rahi. Isliye tumhare paas aa gayi. Main toh tumhe apni excitement ke baare mein hi batane aaye thi, ab seedha raat ko milenge aur mujhe kya suprise mile, uske baare mein I will tell you soon. Till then b-bye.

(Hey dear diary! Surprised how I came during the day instead of at night? What should I do now? The excitement was so much that I could not control myself. Finally I am 25!! Do I tell you a secret? From the onset of the day, everyone is doing some planning and plotting, just to surprise me. Now what a surprise this thought is, my brain is getting fattened by this thought. But what to do? We will have to wait till evening to learn. Now I have to share this excitement with someone. And Misha was also not picking up my call. That's why I came to you. )

I scribbled the words on my favorite vintage diary. Putting on my pen's cap and securing my diary with it's jute thread, I pushed my diary amidst my big collection of books, which included murder mysteries, suspense thriller, shayaris and poems and my favorite of all, love stories and romance. 

I have always been the one who fantasizes romance from the books. My heart has always wanted to experience the feeling of unconditional love with some Mr. Not so Perfect but perfect in his own self.  

Never have I have been a fan of a guy opening his shirt's buttons and spreading his arms just like that of Shahrukh Khan or giving me fake promises of getting me stars and moons. 

Ewww that's too cringey. They are nothing but people who have no other work, rather than challenging physics. 

Simple girl. Simple rules. Simple love.

A calm peaceful life is everything I need. Cooking with him. Cuddling with him. Spending the weekends watching movies. Praying in the temples together. Gifting flower, books and jhumkas. Surpises with early morning breakfast on the bed. Ummm....not too much to ask for right?

Falling on the bed, I was all set to take off on the flight of thoughts of mine and only mine Mr. Not so Perfect but perfect Prince charming, but a loud voice interrupted me. 

Chutkiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

It was my mother who was calling me out from some corner of the haveli.

Coming Mumma!

I shouted back and ran out of the room along the long corridor of our 80 year old vintage haveli. My favorite place of the world. The haveli was built by my great grand father, amidst the partition years. 

After he passed, the love for this place has been genetic I guess, each person stepping in, leaves a piece of his heart in here. Constructed by woods and bricks, the haveli is surrounded by absolute stunning greens. The front lawn, the backyard, and the yard in the middle of the haveli with open sky has always been a treat to witness. 

Being the girl of dreams, a haveli was all I needed. The lawns, the traditional vibes, the thick wooden doors carved beautifully, gives me nothing but the feels of a princess from the big havelis.

I ran on the long corridors, with my dupatta flying behind, and the sweet tingling sound of my anklets, was giving me the typical Bollywood heroine feels from Sanjay Leela Bhansali films. 

I pushed away the doors of the haveli, which made a creaching sound, I ran through under the beautiful canopy of plants and flower hanging above my head, which were amidst various fairy lights, preparations for my birthday night precisely.