|Aʀᴇ Yᴏᴜ Gᴀʏ?|

VOTE! COMMENT!

*****

I stood in front of the door with a blank face. Has the sun rose in the west the morning? Else why would my dadi let me enter her room, out of the blue. She would only let important people of her life to put a step into her room, where I was no where in the list. 

I have always been hated by her, since Malini aunty, papa's passed away wife was her all time favorite. According to my dadi's logic, it was all my and my mom's fault, and not my father's who would go the places, knowing he has a wife waiting for him at home. 

I slightly knocked at the door.

'Come in.'

I heard dadi's faint voice from inside the door. The door creached softly as I pushed it to open. The room felt cool, I scrunched my toes as the chilled stone of the room  brushed against my bare feet. 

The room defined luxury and royalty in its own self. 

The room was huge. More than twenty feet, precisely. A huge queen sized bed was set with a wall, with it's wall adorned with coved lights and a enormous wedding photograph of hers. Two side tables were accompanying the bed, with her medicines laying over.

I hate to admit it, but she was truly a beauty pageant during her days.  

The room was dark. With minimum light peeking from the elegant chandelier hanging right above the bed. I turned my gaze to the huge glass wardrobe, which was adorned with her heavy yet elegant sarees, which were Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi, Ritu Kumar, Nalli, but alas! Not her grandson's.

She loves my creation but hates to admit it. 

Dadi has been the strongest pillar of our family. Our matriarch. No matter how off relationship we have, but I can't stop adoring the fact that how calmly she held the family together after the sad demise of my grandfather. The man who loved me the most. 

She might be eighty currently, but she's still so elegant. Her body language defines royalty. Her walk feel queenly. The saree feels so perfect on her. Saree's made for her, it feels. Her wrinkled porcelain skin, still shining at it's best and those sharp cheekbones. 

She is one of those epitome of beauties.

I gazed at her with blank eyes, who rested herself on her winged chair, with a ottoman supporting her legs. Her lids were shut, and her fingers massaging her temples softly.

'Have a seat, dear.', she murmured.

'Dear? So much love? Did you gulped down something wrong this morning?', I chuckled under my breath, and she opened her eyes to look at me.

'I have always loved you. Maybe you were too blind to see that.', she smirked as I sat on the chair opposite to hers.

'Yeah? Of course you did. After all you didn't had the guts to face dada ji.', I mocked her, her ego getting hurt came to her face.

'Behave, Avyaansh.', she warns me when she finds herself failing.

'What if I don't?', I smirked.

'Shameless.', she whispered under her breath.

'Thanks for the compliment. Now can you please come to the point. I have a bundle of works, unlike you.', annoying her was my hobby.

'Fair enough. It's Radhika. She's a great girl, a pure diamond. Such sweet girls are rare to find these days.', what did she just say?

'So? What do you expect me to do? Polish the diamond for it shine more?', she rolled her eyes at me statement.

'Can't you talk straight once in your life.', she was clearly annoyed.