|A Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ Iɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ|

चाँद सा तू ढलता तू सुबह सा है निकलता 🌜
तेरे साए में चलता 💫
ैं हूँ साथ तेरे मैं हूँ साथ तेरे💗🥹

✨✨✨

The number you have called is not answering, please try again late.......

I tsked and threw my phone on the seat beside me. It was the third time since the morning I have tried contacting her, but she won't answer. I felt restless. 

It's been two days since I returned home. The big bandage on the forehead was now replaced by a small hansaplast, and my poor right was still caged between the heavy plaster. Aradhya won't leave me that day, only until the police arrived and held her back.

She eased off only after she realised the cause of the accident. She begged me to forgive her, but I can't, because I was not mad at her. I don't blame her. I know what it feel like to loose the most important person of life, right in front.

She was my wife, and they were her parents, how can I expect her to keep her cool.

My heart pained for her, more when I learned they were the only ones she had. Her mother has been a orphan all her life, and her dad was abandoned by his own family, when he chose her. 

Not even a week went by, for the first time I met her. How bubbly she was, how energetic, and that day, all her charm was lost. 

My still eyes, tilted to look at Arya who whined as the dry leaf discharged from the tea and had a safe landing on Arya's smooth cheeks. I immediately shooed it away from her and carried her in my arms.

My motionless face, turned into a small smiling one, when I saw her resting on my shoulder happily, endeavouring to get hold of my shirt's tiny button. I could adore her all days long, and still not get enough of her. 

But seems like destiny was cruel to me. My eyes had to leave her to look into my phone, when it chimed. Anvesha's video call? 

I received the call and greeted her with a big smile and she reciprocated with the same smile.

'Hey, is that Arya in your arms?', she squeaked. I simpered over her excited tone.

'Yeah. Have a look at your little niece.', I held her straight in my arms, and she got irritated when my button went far away from her reach. She whined but I cradled her on my lap.

'Oh my god, such a cutie. This cute little button, I just feel like running and squeeze those chubby cheeks of hers. Her cheeks are so tempting, inviting me to bite them.', coordinating with her well, Arya sobbed as she completed.

'Haha see Avi, she understood that what you said, and denied clearly.', she narrowed her eyes at my statement.

'Shut up. She can't understand our language still, ok.', she whimpered annoyingly. I chuckled.

'Are baba I am just joking. You take things way too seriously. Anyway, when are you coming home?', my nose scrunched when I see her falling silent. 

'Oh Avi about that....actually I am off to Delhi.', my mouth hung, while she continued looking at me with a insincere smile.

'What?! How could you? You promised me. And even your punishment is due.', I complained like a child, and my poor daughter stopped sobbing seeing her father behaving like a child. 

'Haha see...she stopped crying seeing you. Arya be like - one child is enough. Papa is the child, I should be mature.', she joked. Was she believing I was run into her trap?