|Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ Rᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ|

लोगों को आते हैं दो नज़र हम मगर
देखो दो नहीं
हो जुदा या खफ़ा ऐ ख़ुदा है दुआ
ऐसा हो नहीं
खाना-पीना साथ है
मरना-जीना साथ है

✨✨✨

I felt a throbbing pain in my head. Someone was banging it with hammer it seems. I tried holding my head, but as soon as I stirred my right arm, I felt numb.

The pain felt unbearable. I groaned under my breath. My body felt paralyzed. Pushing my body weight on my left arm, I tried resting up straight, and my eyes denied to open.

I forced my lids to open the moments I felt a pair of arms supporting my back. I twisted my neck around, but he was...someone unfamiliar it seemed. As I sat up straight, he adjusted the pillow right behind my back, trying to make me comfortable.

'Comfortable?'

He asked while I passed him a weak smile. 'Yeah. Thanks. But, do I know you?'

'Nope. But my wife does.'

My nose scrunched hearing him. His wife? Who? And I know her? She knows me?

'Anvesha. You know her right?'

My eyes widened to their biggest size possible. Were the words actually spoke or I was still in my unconscious state with a dream playing on the back of my head.

'You are Anvesha's husband?'

Words barely escaped my lips, he nodded with a small smile. A little pink blush crept up to his cheek. My lips curved, but I managed to hide.

'Anyway, how are you feeling?', he asked, his voice filled with concern.

'I am good, thanks. Just the pain is quite...throbbing you know.', I managed to answer, my mind was still unable to register that Anvesha, the Anvesha actually got married.

'Uhh when did you two get married?', I couldn't help but ask, getting back to the previous topic.

'Uh oh actually it's been just a few weeks.', he answered and all I could do was a pass a smile.

Anvesha, you are so dead now!

She literally punished me, and the lame reason behind it was I didn't care to inform her early about my wedding. And look at her, she got married and still, I received no word from her. I jerked up my head, hearing a door creaching sound, presenting one and only Ms. Anvesha Sethi, oops sorry Mrs. Anvesha....something.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I jolted as she ran to me and clung to me. She won't say anything, but would just sniff. I smiled weak, and ruffled her hair.

Yeah I was angry, and still am.

'That was bad. What happened in there?', she asked, finally departing away.

'It was just some stupid driver, speeding on the wrong side. I couldn't control the steering.', I explained.

'It's okay. It's good that you are safe, and that's what matters.', I passed her a small smile.