CHAPTER 20

You blinked vigorously when he mentioned about marriage all of a sudden. With blank face you kept staring at him while he was waiting for your answer. Not knowing well what to say right that moment, you looked away.

"It's fine...." He spoke with sad smile. "I should drive carefully instead of asking useless questions". He spoke to himself with a slight chuckle. You kept seeing through the window after hearing his words.

After this, there was awkward silence between them. With a straight face, Jungkook was driving when you stole glances at him.

"If he is really serious then I'm not going to take step back from him". You thought in your mind. Somewhere you also know he really meant what he said but what happened earlier was hard to forget. You weren't ready to take things fastly this time.

"Here we go!". Jungkook spoke while pressing the brakes in front of apartment. He got off from the car and opened the door for you. You looked at him before getting off. His eyes met yours, but within a second he looked away.

"Give me your bag or anything you have, i can take it for you". He asked you. You shook youe head while stepping out. He nodded and then you both headed towards the door of apartment. Jungkook unlocked it and asked you to go first.

Tugging your hair you bit your lip in nervousness before getting inside. Holding all the luggage, Jungkook came behind you. He locked the door behind him which make a loud thud sound.

You flinched and closed your eyes. It was strange feeling growing when you realise now you and Jungkook will be living together. No doubt you lived with james too but for you, he was just like your brother so you never felt this way with him, not even for a while.

"I arranged everything according to your choices. But if you still need anything, tell me freely". Jungkook spoke standing behind you.

You came out of your thoughts when his voice echoed in the living room. "N-no! Everything is already more than enough". You stuttered. He smiled looking at his feet.

"One thing more, i helped you to hide from everyone. Right?". He asked lifting his brow. You nodded slowly. "Now... it's your responsibility that you'll not hide anything from me". He said while taking steps towards you.

Without looking behind, you stepped backwards. Suddenly your heels slipped over the marble tiles and you were about to fall backwards but Jungkook threw the things from his hands and hold you instantly.

You shut your eyes tightly as you thought you were about to fell but he secured you in his arms tightly. You slowly opened your eyes when he wrapped his arms around you.
He pulled you closer and without realising you also wrapped your one arm around his shoulder and other around his waist.

He wasn't letting you go and you too didn't try to move a bit. Staring intensely into your eyes he smiled. "You are trying hard to hide your feelings but we both know you can't deny them". Jungkook spoke in his deep voice.

"Uh-..s-sorry!" You spoke and try to move back. Without warning you, he lifted you up in bridal style. "It's okie if you can't walk with heels. I can hold you like this. Tell me where you wanna go first?". He asked looking at you with shy smile.

You pressed your lips firmly as your breath hitched. "I can walk -".  You were about to say but Jungkook cut you off. "I should leave you to bathroom first". He said and headed towards the bedroom.

Bcoz of shyness you weren't able to speak neither look at him. He dropped you at the door. "Go and freshen up. I'll arrange your clothes in wardrobe". He spoke. "Thanks but I'll do it myself". You spoke but he placed his finger on your lips. "I'm not asking for your opinion". He spoke lifting his brows and walked away.