Chapter 16

HAVEN MCQUEEN

Tonight's show was Harry's last one in the States until next summer, which is nearly an impossible idea for me to wrap my head around. We're heading back to Los Angeles in the morning for about eight straight days before we'll need to fly to Paris and then we'll continue touring from the end of October to the beginning of December. It sounds daunting and it feels that way as well, but I'm excited to visit a bunch of places I've never been before.

That being said, I feel like this upcoming break is much needed. It seems terrible to complain and I feel so lucky to call this a job, but being in a different hotel room every single night is starting to wear on me and I'm ready to sleep in a familiar bed at least for a little while. Though, I'm sure once I'm home, I'll be anxious to get right back out there again.

As I shut the water off and step out of my shower, I feel refreshed and brand new with squeaky clean hair and a makeup-less face. I keep my towel secured around my chest to complete my skincare routine, packing each little serum bottle as I go so I don't have to do it in the morning.

To let my hair dry in natural waves, I only comb my fingers through it before I go into the bedroom to change into an old Beatles T-shirt that I stole from my dad years ago with a pair of small cotton shorts. I take my phone and keycard into the hallway with me, quietly shutting the door as I tiptoe past Jeff's room to knock lightly on Harry's door, and smiling instantly as he opens up for me. He feigns confusion by frowning at me with his head tilted.

"Can I help you with something?"

"Yeah, I was hoping I could have a picture with you," I tease back, earning a laugh from him as he reaches out to pinch the material of my shirt and pull me into his room.

"You smell amazing," he hugs me close and starts walking backward to the bed closest to the window with the view of Phoenix, Arizona down below us.

"Thank you," I squeeze my eyes closed and laugh when he inhales sharply against my laugh, tickling me in the process as we fall onto the bed.

"Do you still wanna order food?" He keeps himself propped up on his palms, looking down at me so intently.

"Yes, please," I whisper back before he gives me a peck on the lips, then moves off me to find us the room service menu.

It's been six days since we had our short conversation about our feelings, and so far, things have been going well between us. Harry made me aware that he told Jeff, or that Jeff had pretty much guessed that something was up after the night my mom was here, which was actually a bit of a relief for me. I didn't like the idea of lying to him, but it's not like Harry and I have been sucking face in front of him either. No, we've been keeping everything strictly professional around everyone else, though it's nice to know that we don't have to hide if we don't want to. The only people we have to do that with is the entire world and we haven't quite discussed that part yet.

"What are you getting?" I ask as he hands me the menu to look for myself.

"I think the chicken Ceasar salad," he scratches his chest over his Rolling Stones T-shirt, the one I wish I could steal.

"Okay, I think I want the grilled cheese and tomato soup," I roll over to set the menu on the nightstand between the two beds, watching him pick up the phone to place the order.

He's literally just wearing an old tee and Adidas joggers, so I can't quite figure out why he looks so damn good as he leans against the second bed with the phone to his ear, pinching at his bottom lip while he speaks to the person on the other line in his low accent. When I'm not kissing him, all I can think about is how much I want to ever since the first time, and right now is no different.