Chapter 60

HAVEN MCQUEEN

"Wait, okay, oh my God, I'm screaming! Okay, shut the fuck up, you look so fucking good," Katie has her hands on her cheeks as I show her the full outfit on FaceTime.

"Are you sure?" I pivot to show her the side angle. For once, I'm not sucking my stomach in and I feel okay with how it looks in the form-fitting black velvet material.

"You. Are. Hot," she stands firm in her opinion, which makes me feel more confident, of course. "What shoes?"

"I'm thinking a pair of pointed-toe heels, nothing crazy," I bite on my thumb nail and glance over at my closet. "You would tell me if I didn't look good, right? Because I'm sure the paparazzi will end up wherever he's taking me or someone is bound to recognize us. I don't wanna look bad."

Her expression changes into something that can only resemble disappointment. "Yes, I would tell you if you should wear something else, but you're making me sad, Hay. You're not usually so insecure."

"I know, it's just different now and you know how mean the tabloids are," I take her into my closet to grab my shoes. "I can already see the headlines, 'McQueen Yet to Shed Baby Weight' or 'Styles Trades  Gorgeous Supermodels For Mom Bod'."

"Okay, yeah, you definitely need to go out in public and interact with other humans. You're losing your mind."

We both laugh as I set the phone on the bed so I can secure the straps of my heels around my ankles, and I hear Harry calling from the living room to ask if I'm almost ready to go. His reaction to what I'm wearing will either make or break the whole night, though that's not fair to him. I'm just hoping for something good.

"I gotta go, but thank you for hyping me up," I stand to check my makeup in the full-length mirror once more.

"Anytime, babe. Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you," I blow a kiss to the screen, waving goodbye to her before we hang up.

After making sure I have my phone and lip gloss in my clutch, I casually step out into the living room to find that Jeff and Glenne are already here. They're sitting on the couch, looking at me the same way Harry is—in shock.

I stop dead in my tracks, feeling my heart plummet. "What?"

"Milf," Glenne shrugs. "That's all I can say."

"Oh," I laugh with my hand to my forehead, thanking her and Jeff as he more tamely tells me I look really nice.

"You're completely perfect," Harry stands with his eyes shamelessly on my body. "Look at you."

"Okay, stop," I try not to smile as he stands behind me to show me off like a prize up for auction, holding my shoulders.

"Look at that smile," Glenne calls me out, pointing with a grin. "You know you're sexy."

"I don't!" I keep laughing as Harry squeezes my sides to make me squirm. "Are we going or not?"

"We are," he kisses me with a smile. "I'll go get the car warmed up."

In his absence, I go over everything with Jeff and Glenne even though I already texted her a list of instructions. This is the first time Harry and I will both be completely away from them for an extended period of time, so I have no idea how it's going to go. I pumped earlier so they have milk ready to be thawed out and poured into bottles so that should be fine. What I can't fix, however, is their separation anxiety.

"If they cry too much, just put on the Adore You music video," I kiss both babies on their cheeks. "That'll keep them happy for a while, but if they really won't stop, call us and we'll come home. I'm so serious, I won't be upset."