Chapter 20

HAVEN MCQUEEN

Two Months Ago

Not to be melodramatic, but waking up the morning after Harry made me his girlfriend reminded me an awful lot of waking up on Christmas. It took me a minute to remember the conversation from the night before, but once I did, I started to smile the same way I would when I was a kid and I'd remember that it was time to go downstairs and see if Santa came. That warm recollection was the same.

"Harry?" I whispered in his London bedroom, which was kept as cool and dark as his Los Angeles bedroom.

"Hm," his hum sounded hoarse as he remained still with his arm around my waist, holding me from behind.

"That's your alarm, babe," I tried to turn in his arms so I could shut it off on his nightstand, but he suddenly tightened his arms around me with another grunt to keep me in place. "Harry."

He started to laugh into my hair before he reluctantly rolled back over to silence his phone, but then he just resumed the same position as if we were going back to bed. Only, I could feel that he was more awake as his breathing wasn't quite as slow and his resting heart rate pumped just a bit faster.

"Did you sleep alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, but it's freezing," I pulled the duvet up over my shoulders more.

"Sorry," he mumbled tiredly. "I keep it cold so you'll wanna cuddle me."

I gasped and turned my head back toward him. "That's so creepy."

With his eyes closed still, he started to laugh. "No, I always keep it cold but I can budge on a few degrees if it's a dealbreaker."

"It's totally a dealbreaker," I sarcastically agreed. "Make it warmer or we're done."

"Deal," he chuckled, dropping a kiss to the side of my neck with his warm hand sliding up under my hoodie. "You always smell so good."

"I smell like you right now," I reminded him with a laugh. "This is your hoodie."

"Oh, right," he laughed with me. "The combination of us smells good then."

I hummed tiredly in agreement and felt myself start to drift back to sleep, not knowing what time it was, but then there was a soft knock on the door followed by Anne's softer voice. My eyes snapped open in a panic, but Harry was practically asleep again.

"H?" She creaked the door open, and there we were, still spooning as she peeked her head inside. "Oh."

"Oh my God," I covered my face while she laughed in amusement.

"Yeah?" Harry answered so nonchalantly from behind me.

"I was just...I'm making breakfast now and Jeff wanted me to come see if you were awake like you should be, so...good morning, Haven."

Dear God, please kill me.

"Good morning," I mumbled with my hand over my mouth, but she didn't look upset at all. In fact, she looked more like she was trying not to crack up laughing at the sight of us before she closed the door.

As soon as she was gone, I sat up and turned to smack Harry's bare arm. He lost it as if he too had been holding in a laugh, and he finally had the decency to open his eyes and look at me with tired, muddy green irises.

"You couldn't have locked the door?"

"I forgot," he kept laughing as I whined and covered my face with the hoodie sleeves pulled down past my wrists.