Chapter 62

HAVEN MCQUEEN

My internal alarm wakes me before the babies on the monitor can, but the room is still relatively dark as I blink my eyes open to try and keep them that way. I haven't moved yet, but I can feel Harry shifting behind me, one arm protecting my chest and the other resting under my neck.

My heart rate starts to pick up as he kisses the spot behind my ear while tightening his arm around me, slipping his leg between mine until our limbs are tangled under our warm cotton sheets. Involuntarily, I hum in contentment and hold onto his forearm against my chest as he kisses the side of my neck. This is how last Christmas morning should have been and how all Christmas mornings in the future should be.

"I have a surprise for you," he mumbles hoarsely against my skin, earning a smile from me as I roll over in place to see him.

"What kind of a surprise?"

He's smiling tiredly through hooded eyelids. "The kind that we have to get up for."

I grunt in refusal and try to move impossibly closer to him until he's hugging me against his chest. "Just a couple more minutes, please."

"Since you asked nicely," he kisses the top of my head as I close my eyes to keep resting them, and it's moments like these that I wish maybe we did have a live-in nanny only because I know the babies will be up any second now. That's all I miss, is having a few extra minutes in bed with my boyfriend.

After those couple of minutes, as promised, we reluctantly climb out of our warm bed in our matching green and white striped silk pajamas that I picked out for us specifically for the holiday. I step into my slippers and secure my hair up into a careless bun on the top of my head as I follow Harry out into the living room, but I don't notice anything new that wasn't here last night. That's before he leads me through the kitchen to get to the back door.

"Where are we going?" I hold onto his hand as he reaches it back for me so we can go outside together. My eyes scan the backyard to see if maybe he got us some new furniture or something, but then he opens the gate to the driveway.

In place of my Jeep is a glistening black Mercedes G Wagon parked next to his Range Rover. My mouth falls open before I cover it with my hand, hearing him laugh as he wraps his arms around me from behind. Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised because I know he's incredibly generous with his money, especially when it comes to me, but I can't believe he bought it after I only mentioned it in passing once. I didn't even joke about asking him for it because I knew he'd do it in a heartbeat.

"Your Jeep is still here parked on the street, but this is brand new, safer, and the windows are tinted like mine," he explains. "I want the three of you to be safe when you're driving, and I know you said you liked it when your mum first got one."

"Oh my God, I love it," I turn in his arms to kiss his lips. "You didn't have to do that at all, but thank you so much."

"You're welcome," he kisses me again. "The keys are inside, but I picked the all-black interior option like you said you'd get if you could choose for yourself."

I squeak excitedly and look back at the car. "When the hell did you get it here?"

"It's been parked at Jeff's for the last few days, so he was nice enough to come and pick me up so that I could get it and drive it back here after you fell asleep last night."

I click my tongue with a disapproving head shake. "Very sneaky."

"Mhm," he smiles into the next kiss as I thank him again, but we know we need to head back inside before anyone sees us and before the babies start crying. They're already up by the time we lock the door and kick our shoes off in the back entryway.