Chapter 92

HAVEN MCQUEEN
July 2023

Something's different about Harry and I don't know what it is. I first noticed it during the first show that I saw after the kids and I joined him on the European and final leg of Love On Tour. Sure, I had seen pictures and videos up until that point, but I wasn't fully prepared for the energy he's been exuding ever since he won his major Grammy awards. Maybe, somehow, I just forgot how hot he is. Or maybe, more likely, I'm touch-deprived after spending the last week on my period and I'm having a moment watching him soundcheck after also just running up and down the venue for his daily workout. He's sweating, he's shirtless, and it's too much for me.

"Haven?"

"Yes," I give myself whiplash as I turn to see Miss Honey with Jack in her arms. "Sorry."

Her brown eyes crinkle at the corners as she chuckles. "Little Jack just wants his Mommy to take him to the potty this time."

"Oh," my shoulders drop as I yank myself out of my thoughts. "Okay, that's fine."

I take Jack into my arms while Lily is calling for Miss Honey to go spin in place with her. On my way through the general admission floor, I look over to see Harry smiling at me through side eyes as he sings Keep Driving. I look away from him as if he's not singing about me, as if I'm not holding our son, as if he's not my fiancé. As if we're strangers and I'm embarrassed to be caught staring.

"Why didn't you let Miss Honey take you to go potty, baby?" I ask Jack now that we're away from the music and distractions.

"I 'ono," he shrugs, hugging my neck as I take him to the artist restrooms near the dressing rooms.

He's finished in five minutes, at which point the band is also finished with soundcheck. Jack leads the way back down that hallway where the band starts coming back in, most likely to get something to eat before they all get dressed and ready for the show. Each of them smiles and greets him on our way to the open area where Harry is chasing Lily around the stage. Miss Honey is watching them from the floor with a soft smile on her face, per usual.

"Go play," I set Jack on the stage and watch him join in the game of tag.

"How are you doing?" I stand back and ask Miss Honey.

"Oh, I'm great," she shrugs indifferently. "How are you doing?"

"Good," I sigh as my gaze naturally trails down the line of Harry's bare back as he suddenly lifts Jack up in the air. His muscles are fucking ridiculous.

"You seem distracted," Miss Honey unknowingly interrupts my thoughts again.

If I wasn't so worried about sounding like such a fucking freak, I might be honest and tell her that I'd just love a minute to fuck my fiancé. "No, I'm okay. I just have a lot on my mind."

"I see," she nods, trying to keep her brunette bob from blowing in her face as the breeze picks up. "Nothing I can help with?"

"Oh, no," I laugh at the thought. "Thank you, though. I can't even tell you how helpful you've been."

"I'm having a great time," she confesses with a genuine and contagious smile. "They're easy."

"Yeah, they could certainly be worse," I smile as they both scream on account of Harry chasing them again. "Why don't you go get something to eat? We can watch them until he needs to get changed."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah, take your time," I wave her off as Lily asks me to get on stage with them.

I go around to use the stairs on the far side of the stage, trying to keep my thoughts clean as Harry holds his arm out to me. Would it kill him to just work out with a shirt on? Why can't he be dressed?