Part 11

Goku's pov
I'm currently in front of 18's room, a glass of water in hand knowing she might be thirsty after she wakes up. I knock softly and wait for a response. After getting none I walk into the room as quietly as I can. I don't want to wake her up.
   It wasn't really dark since there was a purple night light that make the room have a warm but cool feeling. I could see Chichi asleep on the bed. I walk up to her and sad on the edge of the bed, dropping the glass of water on the side stool. I sigh . "I'm glad you're okay." I say softly brushing some of her pretty long hair off her face. She mumbles something I couldn't quite catch. Seeing that she was okay and sleeping well, I stand to leave, but I feel a sudden urge to kiss her forehead and I do.  "Sleep tight Chi" I whisper

I walk out of the room and as I close the door I come face to face with Amanda. I almost let out a loud shriek in shock but she covered my mouth motioning to the living room where the rest of our friends are, sleeping soundly. She quietly drags me to the front door, trying our best but to wake up the others.

"What were you doing in there?!" She whisper yells at me when we reached the front porch.

"I went to check if she was okay. I was so worried about her!!"I whisper yell back

She sighs. "I understand Goku, but trust me when I say she's fine. This happens once in a while, so she'll be okay"

"How often does this happen?" I ask. I want to be ready in case this happens again.

"Only when she's triggered. Like I said earlier, loud sounds and yelling. Also horror movies too. But she'll be fine. Trust me. I understand why you're worried but she'll be fine."

"I do have one question tho."

"Which is?"

"What is PTSD? Is it like a sickness or something?"

" PTSD which means Post-traumatic stress disorder is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event, either experiencing it or witnessing it. This causes them to have flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, even uncontrollable thoughts about the event that caused them pain. Most people who go through traumatic events may have temporary difficulty adjusting and coping, but with time and good self-care, they usually get better."

"Oh, so something happened in the past that gets triggered when she hears loud sounds like yelling?"

"Yeah. She'll get better if we keep being there for her and if she keeps taking her meds. Don't worry and just go to sleep okay?" She says walking back into the house.

I can't help but think. What could've done wrong in her past that made this happen to her. I was determined to find out. But I plan to be patient since I don't want her to feel hurt when she remembers it. I'm not certain about this tight feeling in my chest , but I'm certain about one thing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Helping Chichi is my top priority now.

           ------------------------------------------

Hey this is just a filler chapter. It'll get better. I promise.

Also not proof read. Sorry for any mistakes.

I also apologize for late update. I've been really stressed out recently. Bit I'm getting better.

You won't believe what I found today. I just remembered that I had already written this book in an actual notebook and I found it today. I remember doing this because my phone got confiscated for weeks and I was bored. So no writers block for me hehe (。・ω・。 )
Guess this will help me update more.

626 words