Part 23

Chichi's POV

My heart stops beating for a moment, then it began to race. Did I hear him right? Did he say what he said or did I mishear him?

"M-me?" I stutter in shock

"Yeah." He replied shyly  "I don't know why. But whenever I'm with you, I feel..... I don't know how to describe the feeling. I feel at peace, I feel warm and fuzzy inside. It's actually a really nice feeling. That's why I really like spending time with you. I didn't know who to talk to about this coz Vegeta ignored me after calling me a hopeless bitch. " We both laugh.

" But seriously Chi? There's something about you. I don't know what it is exactly. Maybe it's your eyes? The way they glitter like the whole universe is in them. Or is it your smile? The way they carry so much happiness. Or is it your charisma? Or how cute you look when you're happy or excited? I don't know what it is about you that just puts a smile on my face."

I feel my face getting really hot. Is this really happening or is this some sort of fever dream?

" But whatever it is, I don't want you to stop it. I don't want you to stop being you". He holds my hands and smiles cutely.

" Because you are beautiful. Sometimes I can't seem to get my eyes off you when you pass by." I giggle. "You're smart, funny and kind. You're selfless and strong.  You carry yourself with the right amount of pride and it just....... " He shudders." It does something to me. It makes me feel things I've never felt before. Like even when you pout I just feel like I want to kiss that pout off your face" His cheeks are a rose shade of red right now. He looks at me and his eyes go wide.

"I-i'm so sorry. I've said too much" He's looking anywhere but me, our hands are still connected. He's panicking. I can feel his hands shake. So I squeeze his hand softly and he looks at me, worry glazing his eyes.

"It's alright Goku..."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I might have come out weird or too strong......"

" No" I cut him off. " You didn't do anything wrong. You were just being honest. And I'm glad you  spoke your mind. " I smile reassuringly.

" You're not mad? Or w-weirded out? "

" No. I'm not."

" Oh thank Kami. I thought you'd be irritated by me after all I said..... "

" You didn't say anything bad, Goku. It's fine"

Silence follows after that statement. The awkward kind. None of us knew what to say now. I kinda wanted to talk about all he said. But should I?

"I think I know what's wrong with me." He suddenly says, breaking the silence.

"Okay. That's great." I reply. "So.... What is it?"

"I.....

I think I like you."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"No way!!!! He actually said that?" Amanda yelled

"Suddenly, I feel so proud of Goku" Bulma commented

I'm basically a blushing mess at this point. The girls keep commenting on how proud they are of Goku for finally opening up and how they didn't expect Goku to be so forward about his feelings. I can actually see where they are coming from .
.
.
.
.
.