Part 16

Third person pov

The final bell rang, signalling the end of school. Bulma and Amanda are getting ready to head out. Reaching outside, they see the rest of their friends, well all but one.

"Hey, has anyone seen Goku?". Krillin asked worriedly. The last time he saw the taller was in class. Krillin had turned to pack up his books and turned back but didn't see Goku anywhere.

"He texted me, saying he's heading home. Said he needed time alone." Bulma replied

"I can't help but feel so bad for Goku" Tien said

"And Chichi too. It's not been easy for her" Amanda said.

It's been a week since Chichi began her homeschool and Amanda has noticed some change in her cousin. Some very bad changes.

The rest decided to leave each other to their own thing, Bulma, 17 and 18 walked together, Krillin, Tien and Yamcha went their own way, Vegeta walked to a safe distance, then flew to the mountains to train.

Amanda sighed. Ever since her stay in this school, she hadn't walked home alone. She brought out her earphones from her bag and plugged them in. She hadn't gone far when she felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned to see Tien, out of breath

"Hey, let me walk you home."

"Why?"

"I just want to make sure you get home safe. And I don't like the idea of you walking alone."

With that they walked together in silence, normal for Amanda but awkward for Tien. At some point, she offered him her earphones to share with her.

"Hey, I know it's not my place to ask. But are you okay?" Tien aske. He was the only one out of their friend group who had noticed Amanda's change in behavior. She had become more closed up and quiet that the Amanda he knew and secretly loved.

Amanda sighed. She knew she could trust Tien, but she doesn't even know where to begin.

"Well, " she began "life is shitty"

"Woah. That's one way to put it" Tien said and Amanda laughed.

"Well, Chichi hasn't been okay. She gets panic attacks often, barely gets any sleep and I think she's falling sick mentally and I can't even be there for her because I have school and she's always home alone because dad has work. So thoughts always run wild in her head and she gets lost in these thoughts. Most of them are memories that trigger her panic attacks and I'm scared that she'll start cutting again or even worse. " At this point, they had stopped at the part and are sitting on a bench. Amanda is crying her eyes out, worrying for her cousin, the only family she has left.

Tien hugged her, not knowing what to say. She had been carrying this burden in her for a week and nobody noticed because she's been hiding them.

"I'm glad you told me". Tien said, finally finding his words.

"It sucks."

"I know. But you know what?"

"What?" Amanda asked, looking up at Tien.

"Chichi is strong. I know. She's a fighter and she's not gonna let this little problem weigh her down. Everything will be just fine." He finished his little speech with a small smile, running his hand through her soft black hair. He caressed her cheek, cleaning her tears with his thumb.

"I know that everything is going to work out." He said softly, staring into her dark orbs.

--------------------------------------------