21 - The Frail Mortal

Asmodeus cradled Seraphina in his arms, her frail form a stark contrast to the power he wielded as a Devil God. The aftermath of the brutal beating by the demon bandits had left her grievously wounded, and she was losing blood at an alarming rate.

The urgency of the situation gripped Asmodeus's heart. He had saved her from the clutches of his malevolent brother, Ihys, only to face the possibility of losing her now. The precious moments were slipping away, and Seraphina's life hung in the balance.

Desperation washed over Asmodeus as he held her close, his crimson eyes filled with a mixture of fear and determination. "Seraphina," he whispered, his voice filled with anguish, "stay with me. Don't give up."

Seraphina's eyelids fluttered, her gaze weakly meeting his. Her breathing was shallow, and her pale face reflected the toll the ordeal had taken on her. She summoned the strength to speak, her voice barely a whisper. "Asmodeus," she murmured, "I'm... I'm so glad you came."

Tears welled up in Asmodeus's eyes as he pressed his forehead against hers, his heart aching with a love and despair he had never known. "I won't let you go, Seraphina," he vowed. "I'll do whatever it takes to save you."

With great care, Asmodeus summoned his divine power, channeling it to heal Seraphina's wounds. The dark energy that had been his nature for so long now flowed through him as a force for good, as he used it to mend her broken body.

Time seemed to stretch as he worked to save her, the battle between light and darkness, good and evil, playing out within him. He fought with every ounce of his being, determined to give Seraphina a chance at life and love.

As the moments passed, Seraphina's condition gradually stabilized. Her breathing became steadier, and color returned to her cheeks. The healing powers of the Devil God flowed through her, knitting her wounds and mending her shattered spirit.

When it was finally over, Asmodeus cradled Seraphina in his arms, exhaustion weighing heavily on him. But the sight of her peaceful face, free from pain and suffering, filled him with a profound sense of gratitude and hope.

Seraphina's eyes fluttered open, her gaze meeting Asmodeus's with a newfound clarity and warmth. She smiled weakly, her voice filled with love and relief. "Thank you, Asmodeus," she whispered. "You saved me."

In this chapter, Asmodeus holds the gravely wounded Seraphina in his arms, desperate to save her from the brink of death. He channels his divine power to heal her, using the darkness within him for a force of good. The battle between light and darkness plays out within him as he fights to give Seraphina a chance at life and love.

>